Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Payment module that works for godaddy?

What are the payment modules that could work flawlessly with godaddy? I wanna know what options i have.. Cuz so far, not many worked (around 1 - 2 worked)

Thank you in advance and have a nice day

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment module that works for godaddy?

There are no guarantees that any of them will work on that hosting.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

surely thats not the best possible answer that you can give me.. at least one that could work nicely???

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your GoDaddy hosting. I've had to move a client away from them in the past due to their technical limitations.

I think Kim is suggesting that you are allowing the tail to wag the dog. You would be better off deciding which payment processor best suits your needs and then moving to a web host that has no problem supporting your choice of business partner. The Zen Cart-approved hosts would be a good place to start.

Also, if you have found payment modules that GoDaddy can't support, it would be helpful to post that information to hopefully save other community members from suffering the frustrations that you have.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I was with GoDaddy and used both authorize.net as well as paypal. Had numerous problems with both......order not generated but customer charged, customer charged twice, you name it. I caught most of these discrepancies but had to play detective and go over all charges and orders with a fine toothed comb. A few people had completely timed out but thought they placed an order successfully only to email me a couple of weeks later wondering where their order was. Not only did I have payment/order problems but the site loaded slow as molasses.

I finally moved to a zen affiliated hosting company and everything is smooth as silk. I couldn't be happier and my job is ten times easier.

I think the question isn't "what payment method works best" but "what hosting works best with zencart".

Good luck.

Plugin Contributions

I'm hosted with godaddy and use the plain credit card module and PayPal. Have had no problems with either. When I used oscommerce, I used a yourpay module they had that worked fine with godaddy, also. But zen-cart does not have that same yourpay module to work with the kind of yourpay account I have.

Plugin Contributions

im sorry bout the topic but im stuck with godaddy and im wondering which payment module is working fine with godaddy. My client is accusing me of not doing my work right now and its very stressful when the hosting company is not doing its part of the job properly.

I wish i could change his mind on that but sadly i can't. Im forced to use godaddy and i guess i'll just be sticking with it since. I'll try to convince him to switch hosts and try to get a refund through godaddy.

Thx anyway for the replies.. They are really helpful

Plugin Contributions

I'm concerned about some of these comments because I am about to take a site live on GoDaddy.
    So far I have tested the USAePay module for credit cards and it seems to work. I was looking at PayPal and it looks like I'll be limited to the Express Checkout module. Since I already have a gateway to handle credit cards, I don't need to pay PayPal $30/mo for the Pro version. The Standard version requires that "allow_url_fopen" be enabled. GoDaddy has this php extension OFF by default and probably just as well because it could be a security risk on a shared server. I'll be talking to PayPay next week.
    Any advice or comments would be welcome.

Plugin Contributions

We just migrated from GoDaddy to Bluehost. Simultaneously, we migrated from OSC to Zen. We had done testing on GoDaddy, and to say the least, the configuration was complex and fraught with potential pitfalls... also the page parsing performance was very poor.

Total downtime for us was about 25 minutes due to the nameservers being rerouted. GoDaddy was the bottleneck throughout the process. I was able to FTP down our site from GoDaddy in about 45 minutes, while loading a Zen store up to BH that was more than 2X the size wen in about 15 minutes.

We had numerous problems with GoDaddy. Too many to mention. First few weeks with a new host have been a dream comparatively.

GoDaddy seemed cheap in the beginning, but after all of the additional work and all of the crap we dealt with, it was many times more expensive.

Simply said, their servers are overloaded, their support is not knowledgeable, and internal communication is poor. They are a sales-oriented organization, not operationally-oriented. We needed an operationally-oriented host with reasonable prices. We got that by leaving GoDaddy.

Plugin Contributions

I find it interesting that user experience varies so widely from the same host. I recently completed a site on GoDaddy. I'm am using the USAePay payment module without any problem. The only change was the addition of cURL proxy support. GoDaddy tech support, when needed, has been very quick (24/7 phone support), knowledgeable and friendly. Initial page load time is 6-8 seconds and page to page time is 2-3 seconds.
    I am now building a Drupal CMS site with them and it too is performing quite well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast