Plugin Contributions

bug add checkbox to checkout

Hello everyone,

I've got a question that i think can be either mighty difficult to do (for a noob in php like me) or real easy!

In this shop, if there's an action we would like to give the customer a choice whether to take it or not (a free bead or something; jewelryshop)
    What I am trying to do is add a checkbox to the checkout page, where they can choose to use the action.
    The outcome does not specifically have to get into databases or anything, I just need to see somewhere so I know whether to send it or not (in the admin order pages or in the order email; anything goes)

I can't use the insurance module for this (and change the text) because I'm already using that one.

Thanks for any help you guys/girls can give me!

D

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: add checkbox to checkout

This would normally be done as a product attribute. Apart from adding it in the checkout rather than when buying the product.

A checkbox could be added to the checkout, but there would be quite a lot of changes to add it to one of the forms, pass it to a header files for retrieval and validation, store it somewhere, and add it to the orders page in the admin or the confirmation email. They're not difficult changes, but they would require some php experience as well as intermediate knowledge of how Zen Cart pages are built and how the checkout works. Although it's possible that you may be able to lower the threshold by cloning the insurance mod.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: add checkbox to checkout

Although it's possible that you may be able to lower the threshold by cloning the insurance mod.
    I tried this (real quick) by replacing all words "insurance" with "actie" (dutch word), but that really doesn't seem to do the trick. Any hints?

Maybe this is also an option: can I alter the comment-box (the one during checkout) in a way that a checkbox is added there? So that the information is sent along with the comment?

thanks for the help!