Plugin Contributions

Default [Done 1.3.9]default category page title disappears (forever) after category meta

I might have a bug or something in my cart.

Today I went into Admin>catalog>categories/products>categories Meta tags defintions, and saw the blank fields for title, keywords, etc. after I customized a few categories, I decided I perfered the Store-wide default (the way it was before)

So I emptied all the meta fields I had entered, returned to Admin>catalog>categories/products>, saw that the black and white bio hazard icon had returned (it was orange)

all back to the way it was....but

Now when I go to the category page, there is no page title, or meta tags at all for that category...how do I get it back to the site wide default?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: default category page title disappears (forever) after category meta tag edit

dharma - I am having the same issue. I did exactly the same thing you did. Now, no page titles showing up. Have you had any luck on fixing it?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: default category page title disappears (forever) after category meta tag edit

Hello!

Since I heard nothing from the forum, I assumed this was a ZC bug and rebuilt any category meta tags that I changed from others I did not change.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I could do that too. However, that would take a very long time - it is affecting a lot of products. I am really hoping for a fix of some sort. What version are you running? I am running 1.3.6.

Plugin Contributions

I am running 1.3.8a, but have no solutions other than copy and paste. Perhaps someone else who has more ZC experience can help...

Plugin Contributions

Could you check that all of the fields are blank when you edit?

Also, can you browse the database table for the products_id on the table:
    meta_tags_products_description

Are all the fields blank except the products_id and language_id fields?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hold it ... is this on the Categories only? Or the Products too?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I can repeat the Categories meta tags error where it is causing an issue ...

See the Categories Meta Tag fix in the Known bugs for v1.3.8a:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...993#post517993

Thanks for the update ... moving to Bug Reports
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I have also posted a cleaner fix for the Products Meta Tag so that the blank record is removed from the meta_tags_products_description for consistancy with the Categories Meta Tags ...

To remove custom meta tags on either the Category or Product just enter blanks for the:
    Title
    keywords
    description
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh - Thanks for the code fix. That did the trick. One thing to note. I needed to enter text in the Description field for each product, save it and then remove the text in order for the page title to reappear.

Thank you again - Steve.