Plugin Contributions

Default 1.3.7-1.3.8 zc_install You are NOT in Upgrade mode!!!

First full upgrade for me. Loaded all of the changed files then ran install and it doesn't give me an upgrade option. States at bottom after ready to install button:
    You are NOT in Upgrade mode!!!)
    Fortunately I'm working on a non-live site so I'm not panicked.

I've dropped everything from the SQL database and imported the data again and same result. Spent some time reading but just can't find any hints.

This may be an aside but just for completeness, w"hen I go into the previously working Admin for this site I get the following:
    0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED
    in:
    [select * from project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.7-1.3.8 zc_install You are NOT in Upgrade mode!!!

How many times has my posting been followed immediately by my discovering the issue?

Turns out I had an old user in the SQL portion of config files so upgrade now available.

Stay tuned though......I might need you guys yet.

Thanks for reading, sorry for wasting anyones time, it wasn't intentional.

Plugin Contributions

I am having some issues working with my live server and trying to get it to run in upgrade mode. I have tested locally on my computer and the upgrade works fine. So, I follow the same steps, change config files to the appropriate new paths, and place the files on my server, and it won't give me the option of an upgrade. Is it possible to just install a fresh version and then import the information from my previous database?

By the way, my server is on mediatemple if that has any relevance.

Plugin Contributions

I have still not been able to solve my problem of upgrading. Is there a good method of pinpointing where the problem might be stemming from (i.e., if it is a database issue, or something else)? As I said before, the upgrade works perfect locally on my computer, but I cannot seem to get it to work on the live server. One thing that is different between local and server is during the inspection part of installation, my server lists PHP API Mode = cgi-fcgi as a warning. Could that be the reason it won't offer me the upgrade option?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There are two reasons for it not offering the Upgrade Option:

1. The database details in your configure.php file are incorrect (ie: the combination of database server, username, password, and database name cannot be used to connect successfully).

2. The configure.php file cannot be read properly, and thus the database details cannot be obtained.

and there is one more possible reason, which applies only if you're wanting to rebuild your configure.php files via the installer:

3. The configure.php files are set to read-only permissions.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.