Plugin Contributions

Default One more time, please - no html in my emails after moving servers?

My options:

Email transport method: Php
    Email Linefeeds: LF
    Use MIME HTML: true
    Send emails: true
    Email Admin format: HTML

Both the Account Confirmation and the Order Confirmation keep going out in Plain Text format. I had it working just fine on the old server but after moving to the new server I just can not understand this.

Anyone with a simple answer?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One more time, please - no html in my emails after moving servers?

Quote Originally Posted by deivid View Post
    Both the Account Confirmation and the Order Confirmation keep going out in Plain Text format.
    "going out"? or "arriving"?
    There's a difference.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by deivid View Post
    I had it working just fine on the old server but after moving to the new server I just can not understand this.
    Can you explain more about the differences in servers and hosting companies?
    Chances are you need a different setup for the servers you're now using.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Can I tell the differences between the old and new servers? Um, no I'm not sure I can. All I know is the reason we switched was because this new host can offer Php 5.2.something which the old provider could not do.

And I don't know which format the emails are going out but they arrive just Plain Text and it's starting to F'n piss me off...

Damn it. You should never change anything!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Here are some email troubleshooting tips:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Email_Problems

You might start with trying to use SMTPAUTH for your Email Transport method, instead of "PHP". You'll need to specify your mailserver SMTP details at the bottom of the email settings page as well. You can get the correct settings from your server administrator / hosting company.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Here are some email troubleshooting tips:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Email_Problems

You might start with trying to use SMTPAUTH for your Email Transport method, instead of "PHP". You'll need to specify your mailserver SMTP details at the bottom of the email settings page as well. You can get the correct settings from your server administrator / hosting company.
    Ok I emailed my host to get info on our current smtp. I also let them know about my dilemma, let's see what they have to say...

Plugin Contributions

Got the info today and tried smtpauth. No emails were being received while using smtpauth. Had to change back to Php. Back in square one.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

One of the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the wiki article I referenced suggests that you enable email archiving, and install the email archive manager addon.

That'll show you that the emails are in fact getting sent, and what format they're in, including their content.

Basically, this will simply prove that the emails were "sent". ie: they were handed off from Zen Cart to your mailserver without any error being reported to Zen Cart.

What the mailserver does with the message after that, including stripping off HTML portions etc, is up to the mailserver. Usually this issue needs to be sorted out by the server administrators.

One reason for testing alternate Transport methods is simply to try a different way of delivering the message to the mailserver. Sometimes the mailservers are set up to strip off sections of messages that they think might be at risk of containing spam, esp when they come from the webserver. Sometimes this can cause the entire message to get dumped, or just the HTML portion removed.
    Sometimes telling Zen Cart to "send from known domain" will help since it sets the "from" address to the same as your store address ... which ideally would be an email account in the same domain as your store itself ... thus making the email look very legitimate and not flagged as potential spam.
    That's why those ideas are mentioned in the email troubleshooting guide I referenced.

If none of those ideas are working, and you've checked that your server isn't blacklisted in some way, etc, then you really need to take up the issue with your hosting company and ask them why your messages are being mangled before they get delivered.