Plugin Contributions

help question Sub-categories display at the bottom of Main Page ... help please

Please help ...

Categories are set to always diplay bottom of Main Page ... I like
    However, if sub-category clicked, that sub-category also opens up below the main page AND NOT top of centre column as I would have expected. Follow this link to see what I mean http://canopyxchange.za.net/index.ph...dex&cPath=12_1 ... Is there a setting that controls this behaviour? I've looked through Admin settings about 20x's

Also, I know I've set the number of columns in my Category display to 5 ... I just can't find this setting now! Help please?

All Category-related settings in my Admin:
    Config :: Product Listing :: Show Categories on Main Page whilst Navigating = 1
    Config :: Layout Settings :: Categories - Always Show on Main Page = 1
    Config :: Layout Settings :: Main Page - Opens with Category = 12
    Config :: Layout Settings :: Categories - Alweays Open to Show Sub-categories = 1
    Config :: Index Listing :: (has New, Featured & Special Product Columns per Row, but noy Category?)

Your input is much appreciated

Thanks, Jaap

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sub-categories display at the bottom of Main Page ... help please

This either style in the code instead of a stylesheet by the template writer or a custom addition by you or another...

Look to reordering "Section1" in the code as this is not part of ZenCart and therefore not in the admin
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Sub-categories display at the bottom of Main Page ... help please

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    This either style in the code instead of a stylesheet by the template writer or a custom addition by you or another...

Look to reordering "Section1" in the code as this is not part of ZenCart and therefore not in the admin
    The possibility of it being a template issue can be discounted because my test site (an approach which I obviously adopted too late ) works as expected. I suspect it was caused by a mod that was installed. Did a xt crawl & found "Section 1" only in html define pages, which doesn't contain anything other than html code. I had a look at a few php files about "category" but must admit ... I'm hopelessly just looking at it! Any suggestions about how to progress from here? Much appreciated ... Jaap

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Sub-categories display at the bottom of Main Page ... help please

Quote Originally Posted by jaap View Post
    The possibility of it being a template issue can be discounted because my test site (an approach which I obviously adopted too late ) works as expected. I suspect it was caused by a mod that was installed. Did a xt crawl & found "Section 1" only in html define pages, which doesn't contain anything other than html code. I had a look at a few php files about "category" but must admit ... I'm hopelessly just looking at it! Any suggestions about how to progress from here? Much appreciated ... Jaap
    Further information that might be of help ... Found that categories without sub-categories display at top of centre column as expected!