Default Products and right sideboxes may or may not display depending; not sure why

Hello,

A clients website (sweetmedicineessentials(com)) has a peculiar issue. If I click on a category link; lets say Natural Women's health or Anti-Aging Skin Care, there is a good chance that neither the products or the right side boxes appear; sometimes they do.

I am not sure what the issue is here but I will give you a run down of what happened recently.

We moved to a new host (netfirms(com)). database was exported from old host -> mySQL version was 4.0.1 or something. database was imported into new host - mySQL version 5.0.24a. The database would not simply import from the sql tab in phpmyadmin. I needed to SSH into the host and do a force update. During the transfer we also updated from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8a (properly)

I have observed that the host is a bit slow at times however I believe the problem may have deeper roots.

The prior developer made a mess in the zen cart application, they essentially did not know how to use custom template properly. This forced me to placing all of the files that were (un)known to be modified (but not in a custom template (some modified files were properly placed) into the proper custom template so that the core 1.3.8a files were not tampered with.

Ok long story short, I imagine this is either a host issue or more than likely a template issue - the problem is, what file(s)?

When assessing this issue please assume that any file that could be under a CUSTOM template directory has been modified.

-Caps

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products and right sideboxes may or may not display depending; not sure why

This illustrates why it is a good idea to change one thing at a time if possible.

Anyhoo, your best bet is probably to look carefully at the view source and figure out what files were processing when the output breaks off.