Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Reward Points system...

I'm aware that this a popular request for a contrib. I've put my effort up here:

http://www.omnicia.com/zencart/

While it's not finished, the system calculates Reward Points, displays them against products and in the shopping cart, and accumulates them for the customer once an order is successfully completed. Reward Points can be set for all items, by category or by product.

Still left to do is the admin interface for setting the Reward Points and to work out how to redeem the points. All suggestions welcome.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    Omnicia Agile Development
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reward Points system...

Actually there is already one mod for this, I would be better if you improve that one instead of starting from scratch. But anyhow, it's your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by hem View Post
    I'm aware that this a popular request for a contrib. I've put my effort up here:

http://www.omnicia.com/zencart/

While it's not finished, the system calculates Reward Points, displays them against products and in the shopping cart, and accumulates them for the customer once an order is successfully completed. Reward Points can be set for all items, by category or by product.

Still left to do is the admin interface for setting the Reward Points and to work out how to redeem the points. All suggestions welcome.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I'm not aware of any mod and typing 'point' and 'reward' into the contribs download does not show up anything.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

It looks good but I think I've gone in a slightly different direction. So I guess I'll just finish what I've started.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone help?
    I need to uninstall Rewards Mod and I have read the posts re; removing all of the files with the word Reward and then in Myphp dropping the three tables with the word reward but not sure where in the file structure to "restore" the order.php file?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 4thwave View Post
    Can anyone help?
    I need to uninstall Rewards Mod and I have read the posts re; removing all of the files with the word Reward and then in Myphp dropping the three tables with the word reward but not sure where in the file structure to "restore" the order.php file?

What version are you using? The RP mod's been using the Observer/Notifier system for over a year now so there are no changes to the order.php file any more.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the reply!
    I finally got it. I must have been leaving a file somewhere so went back through and deleted all of the files and everything is back. As so often happens with ZC it's easy to miss something if not careful.

Thank you for a great mod, I hope to use it soon but was out voted on this one.

Thank's Sir,

4thwave

Plugin Contributions

G'day Folks,

I've just spent more hours than I'd like to admit trying to get Andrew Moore's Reward points module working on a customers store.
    I had no problems on my own store.

I've eventually tracked the problem down as being due to the customers server not doing the 'right' thing with the $_REQUEST variables in the ot_reward_points.php file, and because of this the module was failing the if($_REQUEST['redeem_checkout_flag']) and if($_REQUEST['redeem_flag']) checks, which caused the $_SESSION save to fail which in turn meant that the rewards could never be redeemed.

I *appear* to have overcome the problem by changing the $_REQUEST checks to $_POST checks. Things now look as though all is working as it should.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Would there be any unforeseen repercussions from making this change?

Is there a better fix to this problem than the one I have come up with?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    G'day Folks,

I've just spent more hours than I'd like to admit trying to get Andrew Moore's Reward points module working on a customers store.
    I had no problems on my own store.

I've eventually tracked the problem down as being due to the customers server not doing the 'right' thing with the $_REQUEST variables in the ot_reward_points.php file, and because of this the module was failing the if($_REQUEST['redeem_checkout_flag']) and if($_REQUEST['redeem_flag']) checks, which caused the $_SESSION save to fail which in turn meant that the rewards could never be redeemed.

I *appear* to have overcome the problem by changing the $_REQUEST checks to $_POST checks. Things now look as though all is working as it should.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Would there be any unforeseen repercussions from making this change?

Is there a better fix to this problem than the one I have come up with?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    RodG
    As $_REQUEST is supposed to return all the $_POSTs I'm surprised that it didn't work. Any idea what the customers server settings were that affected it?
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast