Plugin Contributions

help question How to add an external link to the Information sidebox (without an EZpage)?

Hello Good Zenners.

I haven't been able to find the exact answer to my question although there are a lot of threads covering like topics.

I would like to add an externally pointing link to my Information sidebox and I would like to do this without needing to add an EZpage that contains the actual link.

It would go like this:

In my Information Sidebox there would be a link that says "Visit CNN". People would click on the link and be whisked away to CNN.com. (No going to Page 2 and then clicking another link)

Does anyone know how to accomplish this. I am willing to do it from the admin if there is a way our by manipulating the PHP files too.

Thanks a bunch.

Cienwen

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to add an external link to the Information sidebox (without an EZpage)

I've got the exact same question... any helpers???

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to add an external link to the Information sidebox (without an EZpage)

Hi guys

I'm completely new to this and I have done this myself which appears to be working, so I hope this is right!
    I went to define page editor in admin - choose the required info page.
    On the tool bar there is a little chain / link symbol, open that and that's where you can add your link to another site. (unless the more experience peeps know a better way!)

EG - how it looks on mine. Perhaps you can test it for me and let me know if it does work.

http://www.pupsandpets.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page_3

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pupsandpets View Post
    Hi guys

I'm completely new to this and I have done this myself which appears to be working, so I hope this is right!
    I went to define page editor in admin - choose the required info page.
    On the tool bar there is a little chain / link symbol, open that and that's where you can add your link to another site. (unless the more experience peeps know a better way!)

EG - how it looks on mine. Perhaps you can test it for me and let me know if it does work.

http://www.pupsandpets.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page_3
    I tried that its to do with creating a link within the page itself..

I think what we are looking for is to create an external link within the information box itself

I think its more complicated for us because its php, and not simply html like we are used to

still hoping for someone who can kindly help here...

Plugin Contributions

Any kind soul can kindly help?

Plugin Contributions

It works

Plugin Contributions

You don't have to have the conditional if you definitely want to have your template display a certain link. Just add the
    PHP Code:
    $information[] = '<a href="http://cowboykicks.com/wpblog/" target="_blank">Cowboy Kicks BLOG</a>'
    in the order you want it to appear.

Plugin Contributions

FANTASTIC.

So...now it still works just as well, only the code is cleaner. Thanks gjh42!

My code now looks like:

Code:
      if (SHOW_NEWSLETTER_UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK == 'true') {

$information[] = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_UNSUBSCRIBE . '</a>';

}

if (DEFINE_PAGE_2_STATUS <= 1) {

$information[] = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PAGE_2) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_2 . '</a>';

}

$information[] = '<a href="http://cowboykicks.com/wpblog/" target="_blank">Cowboy Kicks BLOG</a>';

if (DEFINE_PAGE_3_STATUS <= 1) {

$information[] = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PAGE_3) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_3 . '</a>';

}
    ..That does it very nicely!

Plugin Contributions

The code above came from file:
    ..\includes\modules\sideboxes\information.php

This is absolutely a one-step quick fix. The above is the only file that must be altered, and the only edit required to accomplish.