Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net Help

In the name of making sure I don't point the finger at someone else when it should be pointed at me, I will be kind, though I want to curse authorize.net up and down the wall right now. Yesterday their automated system said it would call me back in 45 minutes (and they lied, it never did). Today I call I am told by the same system 58 minutes... so naturally, I have low expectations of them being one bit useful.

I need some basic guidance, verbal would be best, to go over the basics. It appears that's not possible though, so if someone could get me pointed in the right direction that would be great.

I just signed up for my merchant account and authorize.net. The virtual terminal in authorize.net works, and so all my approvals and stuff should be fine.

The problem is that the zencart, upon trying to process the transaction, hangs indefinitely and eventually gives "IE cannot find that page."

I have GoDaddy hosting, SSL enabled, use the LogIn ID and Transaction key that I've created in the last 24 hours. Enable CCV = True (I make up at number). Set to AIM mode, not that I understand that, I only know for security it's recommended to use CCV and AIM is the only one that seems to show it.

Thinking basics here, can anyone offer some insight even in which direction I should be looking?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net Help

Reviewed AIM / SIM. AIM is listed as preferred, and if it's already written in ZC then I definitely want to use it.... so let's assume I want to go with that....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnstoermer View Post
    I have GoDaddy hosting
    I guess that keeps biting you in the back doesn't it?

If you're going to use external services (often accessed via CURL) with GoDaddy hosting, you need to turn on the CURL Proxy support, because GoDaddy does weird stuff with their servers.
    How to: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61528

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

There are people who bash it and people who say it works great... i don't know what to think.

I will check this out - thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Please allow me to express myself - this worked! Thank you! I will celebrate before I've found out what else is wrong!

If I set Transaction mode from to "Production" from "Test" but leave my authorizenet account to Test, will things still be in Test mode or will ZC "over ride" my authorizenet account and process them as real transactions?

Thanks again, this is a sort of culmination of all my efforts...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnstoermer View Post
    If I set Transaction mode from to "Production" from "Test" but leave my authorizenet account to Test, will things still be in Test mode or will ZC "over ride" my authorizenet account and process them as real transactions?
    If your account is in test mode, all transactions will be treated as test transactions.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have a similar setup for a store, and while mine seems to find pages just fine, it keeps returning a "There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again." error after entering info on the Authorize.net payment form.

Site is on godaddy, ssl is turned off, both site and authorize.net are in test mode. Transactions process through in the virtual terminal on authorize, so it's something with the connection back to the site. I just tried the above curl settings, hoping that might be it, but still getting the same error.

This is both my first zencart store and online payment processor, so I'm a bit green. Glad to provide any other info that might be relevant, just not sure what I should be looking for.

David

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by crionox View Post
    I have a similar setup for a store, and while mine seems to find pages just fine, it keeps returning a "There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again." error after entering info on the Authorize.net payment form.

Site is on godaddy, ssl is turned off, both site and authorize.net are in test mode. Transactions process through in the virtual terminal on authorize, so it's something with the connection back to the site. I just tried the above curl settings, hoping that might be it, but still getting the same error.

This is both my first zencart store and online payment processor, so I'm a bit green. Glad to provide any other info that might be relevant, just not sure what I should be looking for.

David
    What version of Zen Cart?
    Which Authorize.net module are you using?
    What shows in your debug logs if you turn on the Debug support inside the Authorize.net module and try a transaction?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    What version of Zen Cart?
    Which Authorize.net module are you using?
    What shows in your debug logs if you turn on the Debug support inside the Authorize.net module and try a transaction?
    I'm running ZC version 1.3.8, and I'm using the Authorize.net (SIM) module. Here is a sample debug file from the logs:

Feb-08-2008 09:32:03
    =================================

Sent to Authorizenet: Array
    (
    [x_login] => *******
    [x_amount] => 64.95
    [x_version] => 3.0
    [x_method] => CC
    [x_type] => auth_only
    [x_cust_ID] => 2
    [x_email_customer] => TRUE
    [x_company] =>
    [x_first_name] => David
    [x_last_name] => Perry
    [x_address] => 101 Main St.
    [x_city] => Franklin
    [x_state] => Tennessee
    [x_zip] => 37064
    [x_country] => United States
    [x_phone] => 123-456-7890
    [x_fax] =>
    [x_email] =>
    [x_ship_to_company] =>
    [x_ship_to_first_name] => David
    [x_ship_to_last_name] => Perry
    [x_ship_to_address] => 101 Main St.
    [x_ship_to_city] => Franklin
    [x_ship_to_state] => Tennessee
    [x_ship_to_zip] => 37064
    [x_ship_to_country] => United States
    [x_Customer_IP] => 71.228.229.53
    [x_relay_form] => TRUE
    [x_relay_URL] => http://triathlondvd.com/store/index....eckout_process
    [x_invoice_num] =>
    [x_description] => Website Purchase from TriathlonDVD.com
    [x_duplicate_window] => 120
    [x_fp_sequence] => 921
    [x_fp_timestamp] => 1202488323
    [x_fp_hash] => ab0c1d72d9aee8fbd01745fff1aef551
    [x_show_form] => PAYMENT_FORM
    [x_receipt_link_method] => POST
    [x_receipt_link_text] => Click here to complete your order.
    [x_receipt_link_url] => http://triathlondvd.com/store/index....eckout_process
    [x_Test_Request] => TRUE
    [zenid] => 0196130129330ae457c89d7ecccb98f5
    [url] => https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll
    )

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Did the logs have any "response" info as well?
    All you've reported is the initial transaction data sent "to" the gateway, not the response coming back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast