Thread: A few issues...

Plugin Contributions

Default A few issues...

Looking for some help on a few issues.

Here's the site: http://thedogpound.boosternation.com/

Here are the issues:

1. IE looks fine (with an exception below), but Firefox is all messed up. The left column is actually all the way over to the right of the page.

2. Just above my logo (in IE) there is a narrow white space. I'd like to get rid of that. Ironically, it is perfect in Firefox.

3. The basic text for links on the page is white (not my choice). It matches the school website. Anyway, under New Products, the link is white, the price is black. Any way to make the price match the link (white)?

4. The NEW PRODUCTS FOR FEBRUARY header in the middle of the page...text is black. I want it to be white.

5. Under New Products for February, I'd actually like those links to be black (price is alread black). The hover color could be red to stick out.

6. Not a big deal, but the copyright info at the bottom...links are white--would prefer black to match the non-linked text.

Going to the PRODUCT Page: http://thedogpound.boosternation.com...=index&cPath=1

1. Item Name and Price are white...I want black.

2. The item name is white; I'd like it to be black (I know it's related to my global link color of white...but I don't know how to change that).

Going to the PRODUCT description page: http://thedogpound.boosternation.com...&products_id=3

1. The Category listing is white, I want black.
    2. The larger image link is white, I want black.

I know most of these issues are simply related to the global link color. I just need to know if there's a way to address them using the CSS.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A few issues...

First and foremost -cease and desist designing in IE and quirks mode...

Much easier to design in a compliant browser like Fire Fox and fix the quirk mode issues

This is mostly style sheet related as I used FireFox and the web developers tools extention to replace(interactively) your stylesheet with a default one and the site aligned correctly for the most part.

I suggest that you apply a default stylesheet and then merge/change individual items for styling and see which change you made is causing this all while viewing/designing in FireFox

Once you square this we can address other issues
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Kobra...I have repaired the layout issue, so here are the remaining things I'd like to work out:

1. Just above my logo (in IE) there is a narrow white space. I'd like to get rid of that. Not a big deal.

2. Under New Products for February, I'd actually like those links to be black (price is already black).

6. Not a big deal, but the copyright info at the bottom...links are white--would prefer black to match the non-linked text.

Going to the PRODUCT Page: http://thedogpound.boosternation.com...=index&cPath=1

1. Product Images (text above picture column) is white...I want black.

2. The item name is white; I'd like it to be black (I know it's related to my global link color of white...but I don't know how to change that).

Going to the PRODUCT description page: http://thedogpound.boosternation.com...&products_id=3

1. The Category listing is white (Pound Products), I want black.
    2. The larger image link is white, I want black.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Plugin Contributions

After trolling the forums and trying out some things, I was able to figure out many of my problems...here's what remains:

1. Just above my logo (in IE) there is a narrow white space. I'd like to get rid of that. Not a big deal.

2. The "larger image" link is white, I want black.

FireBug...great tool, especially when I learned to use it!!!

Plugin Contributions

Chalk up another one...the only thing remaining is the thin white line above the header (IE only).

Plugin Contributions

In case anyone was wondering how I solved my issues.

First, I took the advice on this forum and downloaded the FireFox extension "FIREBUG."

In Firefox, I right-clicked on the text I wanted to change and clicked "INSPECT ELEMENT."

It identified the CLASS I needed to edit in the stylesheet.

For instance, to change the copyright information at the bottom (the text was already black, but the global setting for links was white--I wanted the links there to be black with a hover of red), I found the class to be .legalCopyright and then I added the following to my stylesheet.

.legalCopyright a:link {color: #000000;}
    .legalCopyright a:visited {color: #000000;}
    .legalCopyright a:hover {color: #FF0000;}
    .legalCopyright a:active {color: #FF0000;}

After saving and uploading the stylesheet, I refreshed my store and amazed myself!

I could be wrong, but it looks like you can change the color, etc. for any class by adding the code above.

Plugin Contributions

Ooops...I'm not as smart as I thought I had become!

Somewhere along the line, my links in the What's New column turned to black (they were/and I want them to be white).

Any hope there Kobra?

Plugin Contributions

Find this:
    Code:
    #productMainImage, #reviewsInfoDefaultProductImage, #productReviewsDefaultProductImage, #reviewWriteMainImage {
    	margin: 0em 1em 1em 0em ;
    	}
    Change it to this-add:
    Code:
    #productMainImage, #reviewsInfoDefaultProductImage, #productReviewsDefaultProductImage, #reviewWriteMainImage {
    	margin: 0em 1em 1em 0em ;
    	}
    #productMainImage a{
            color: #000000;
    	}
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

That did the trick...thanks!

And thanks to everyone that suggested FireBug!