Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Category Tree

Quote Originally Posted by some name not taken View Post
    So, it looks like even with the correct syntax subcategories, like actual products, cannot be displayed either ...and certainly not in any kind of unordered list.

Well, it would have been useful to know that several hours ago.

Thanks for your time and help anyway, Yellow.
    Subcategories can be displayed, if not what is the use of a category tree? products are not supported by this tree tho. You really need to read php document by the way, practice is good but you need a base knowledge first, just hacking around the code will waste you more time.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

True, but hacking around the code gives me insight into how things work, so when I'm reading about the subject I have an actual frame of reference to work with.

At the moment I am reading online information, trying to apply it, coming up with nothing and wasting allot of time.

I have looked at the previous posts on this thread, found more information, applied it... and come up with nothing.

Without some kind of working model to work with I cannot make any progress. - I do not want somebody to put my site together (or even the menu) but a little more information would be really useful even if it just gets the submenus displaying because then I would be able to tweak it and apply the working know-how to other things.

This also applies to many other frustrated users (and all too many ex-users) of Zen Cart, who, like myself, are quite prepared to develop their skills but who need a little help with their initial projects and development of their stores.

As you will have noticed I have been making a point of highlighting how things are done with this contribution with the specific aim of helping other people, so what happens when they see that I have abandoned trying to get this working and that yet another good idea is something beyond their skills? - Many will simply have had enough and abandon Zen Cart and, whether they do or not, Zen Cart will suffer.
    Last edited by some name not taken; 26 Oct 2008 at 10:50 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I believe you understand the concept of free software, and more over, this module is just an add-on. If you read the very first page of this topic, I even stated that I may not give any support at all, use it at your own risk.

All its features along with instructions and such are listed in the readme file. It is the user's responsibility to read and understand how the code works, this module is for to normal users who just want some plug and play feature, this one is for someone who at least has the base knowledge of coding.

From all the sample codes you posted, it shows that you dont even have such knowledge (missing a semicolon when calling function, or not knowing how to call a class method). Such very basic knowledge have to be learned, which is why I suggest you read more about php and its syntax etc... before trying to hack around. (I read a 350 pages book before I started years ago, and I had Java, C and C++ background before working on PHP)

More over, you didn't even try to read the readme file carefully, or maybe you did read it carefully but didnt get it because of my poor English skill?

Anyhow, like I mentioned, there is a module in the add-on that does exactly what you want (list all the cats and products on the tree). It will help you.

Regards
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Default re: simple category tree

Hello, my name is Jamie, I am very new to all of this stuff and I have no knowledge of code. I am looking at two features you have been talking about:
    all_subcats_products
    and simple category tree

The only thing that I am looking to do, is have my categories all listed to the left. In order to see the sub categories you have to click on the category. I do not like that once you click on the category you will see all the categories, and only pop up new product from the main category. I want it to work that when you click on the main category it will show all products , and you will have the choice to click on any of the subcategories separetly to get more specific.

If I am correct, then you mod of all_subcats_products is the one to use to accomplish this?

If not which is the correct one?

Also, where can I get the newest version of it?

On your page yellow I do see the mod for the trees but not the all_subcats_products

Please let me know. My site in case you need it is

www.mysticcrypt.com

thank you.

Plugin Contributions

hy everyone!

i have a beginners question (since that's what i am ).

how can i change the indent of subcategories. It seems to be to far from parent category.

i would like it to look like:

category
    ...subcat
    ...subcat

and not

....category
    .............subcat
    .............subcat

the site is www.bali.hr if you need it...

BTW, yellow, thanx for a great addon!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much for this mod!

I've implemented and adjusted it to my taste, it looks and functions perfectly!

I do (of course) have one question, and this might have been foreseen already, is there any way to set apart the current page's link in a diff. style?

i.e. does the 'current page' have a class/id attached to it (or something?) or is there a call I can rig that checks the current page and reflects that on the menu?

thanks,

and again, thanks for the mod!!

-Tim
    <!-- just commenting -->

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    hy everyone!

i have a beginners question (since that's what i am ).

how can i change the indent of subcategories. It seems to be to far from parent category.

i would like it to look like:

category
    ...subcat
    ...subcat

and not

....category
    .............subcat
    .............subcat

the site is www.bali.hr if you need it...

BTW, yellow, thanx for a great addon!

This is an issue that I was working on myself, just now, and the site in question (http://store.persite.com) has this, currently:

Code:
    .has_sub {
    	padding-left: 0px;
    	margin-left: 0px;
    	}

.level_0 {
    	list-style-position: inside;
    	list-style-type: disc;
    	color: #F2BE11;
    	padding-left: 2px;
    	}

.level_1 {
    	list-style-position: inside;
    	list-style-type: disc;
    	color: #537294;
    	padding-left: 5px;
    	}

.level_1 text {
    	font-variant: small-caps;
    	}

.level_2  {
    	list-style-type: circle;
    	margin-left: 3px;
    	}

.level_3 {
    	list-style-type: circle;
    	color: #537294;
    	margin-left: 3px;
    	}

.level_4 {
    	list-style-type: block;
    	margin-left: 10px;
    	}

.level_2 .level_3 .level_4  .level_5 {
    	padding-left: 0px;
    	}
    Adjust to your taste, but keep in mind that the two main factors are your MARGIN-LEFT and your PADDING-LEFT and each has different effects on Internet Explorer and Firefox so check both continuously.

-Tim
    <!-- just commenting -->

Plugin Contributions

aaaaaaaammmmm......

i don't get it.

the site you mentioned has exactly what i'm looking for.

but, how/where do i put this code you gave me? don't forget, i'm just a beginner who is still trying to understand the basics...

Hi Yellow1912,

just wanted to say a very big THANK YOU for your time and effort developing the mod all_sub_cats_products.zip.
    It's just what I was looking for and it worked straight away.
    Thanks again !

Denis
    http://viaterra.net/store (still in development)

Plugin Contributions

This is just to share that I have rewritten the module to be more flexible (for my own need)

I should not call it Simple Tree tho, because seem like many ppl dont think it's that simple, any how, to sum it up:
    1. It's easier, more flexible now to tell the tree the "wrapper" you want to put the parent - children in, example:
    PHP Code:
    echo $_SESSION['category_tree']->buildCategoryString('<ul class="{class}">{child}</ul>''<li class="{class}"><a class="{class} category-top" href="{link}"><span>{name}</span></a><span>|</span>{child}</li>'021falsetrue); 
    2. Can attach other links to the tree, example:
    PHP Code:
    $_SESSION['category_tree']->attachToCategoryTree(array('name'=> HEADER_FILENAME_SOMETHING2'cPath' => zen_href_link(FILENAME_FILENAME_SOMETHING2'''NONSSL'false), 'id' => 'sell''children' => array(
                                                        array(
    'name'=>HEADER_FILENAME_SOMETHING1'id' => 'sales''cPath' => zen_href_link(FILENAME_FILENAME_SOMETHING1'''NONSSL'false)),
                                                        array(
    'name'=>HEADER_FILENAME_SOMETHING'id' => 'listings''cPath' => zen_href_link(FILENAME_SOMETHING'''NONSSL'false))
                                                        ))); 
    I guess other than that and a number of other small features it remains the same:
    1. It uses only 1 single query to get the tree
    2. It can cache the tree
    3. You can put it anywhere
    4. You can have as many trees on the same page as you want
    5. Limit maximum level of cat to display
    6. Choose to always expand or not.
    7. You can start the tree from any category, example:
    on a recent project, I have 3 boxes: grand parent, parent, and children. Parent box links depend on which category is currently active on the grandparent box, and children box display links depending on links currently active on parent.

With this module, you can tweak it to anything you want, expanded category, ajax tree type etc....

Well, but again we have people having frustrating time with this module in the past since they dont know php, and you HAVE to know a bit about PHP to well, at least know which parameters you should pass into the function. So I will not post the module here to avoid such frustration, if you are interested and think you can handle it with little help from me, post here or send a PM. I will send it to you.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast