Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Category Tree

Fantastic!

Onto the all_subcats_products, then.

Does this add its functionaliy automatically to an existing tree structure, eg: a successfully implemented my_categories tree once installed?

Obviously I will be checking this out for myself, but it is better to know of anything I should know now, so I (hopefully) don't have to bug you again later!
    Last edited by some name not taken; 25 Oct 2008 at 03:34 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by some name not taken View Post
    Fantastic!

Onto the all_subcats_products, then.

Does this add its functionaliy automatically to an existing tree structure, eg: a successfully implemented my_categories tree once installed?
    I'm not really sure what you mean, can you explain it in more details? Sorry, a bit sleepy here.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Well the all_subcats_products allow you maximise the tree, so you can show things right down to the product level, yes?

So, does it just need to be installed or does it need to be installed and configured? - Looking at it it looks like it adds its functionality automatically, once installed, to any existing simple tree structure.

Plugin Contributions

Well the all_subcats_products allow you maximise the tree, so you can show things right down to the product level, yes?

So, does it just need to be installed or does it need to be installed and configured? - Looking at it it looks like it adds its functionality automatically, once installed, to any existing simple tree structure.
    Not really, here is that the module actually does:

We knows that Zen does not show products on category containing sub cats (since that category doesnt actually contains any product)

The module makes use of one of the SCT functionalities to do that.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I see. - Thanks.

I am going to try and put all this (the last page or so!) into place now because I have just reinstalled the cart (again).

Hopefully all will be OK, so I don't have to pester you any further...

Plugin Contributions

The tree is in place (using simple_categories_tree only, at the moment).

It seems that you have to design a box and to code it into define_main_page in order to get it to display in the centercolumn area, otherwise use left or right column boxes. - It cannot be placed as a box in center area unless the left column is enabled in admin, when it can be placed using the single column setting in the Layout Boxes Controller (not for those who don't know ).

The problem I am having, though, is that it will not retrieve deepest_level_children. In fact it won't even match the default display shown by the default Zen Cart categories box.

I have tried all kinds of variations on the code snippets from the readme file and cannot even get it to generate an error so I know where I am going wrong!

I am fairly certain that the problem is something simple, like nested brackets or full statements that can be appended and don't need to be stated in full, so I was wondering if you could you provide a complete string with all variables or some sample strings, please, so I can check my syntax?
    Last edited by some name not taken; 26 Oct 2008 at 07:22 AM.

Plugin Contributions

The tree is in place (using simple_categories_tree only, at the moment).

It seems that you have to design a box to place for it and to code it into define_main_page in order to get it to display in the centercolumn area, otherwise use left or right column boxes.

The problem I am having, though, is that it will not retrieve deepest_level_children. In fact it won't even match the default display shown by the default Zen Cart categories box.

I have tried all kinds of variations on the code snippets from the readme file and cannot even get it to generate an error so I know where I am going wrong!

I am fairly certain that the problem is something simple, like nested brackets or full statements that can be appended and don't need to be stated in full, so I was wondering if you could you provide a complete string with all variables or some sample strings, please, so I can check my syntax?
    I believe that the function to retrieve deepest levels is only available in the newer version of the module, which is included in the all sub cats products package.

Plugin Contributions

Ah, ... I'll check that out. - Thanks.

I'm just trying to get a full tree using a few test categories and products so I can do the design work for the tree without discovering something 'orrible later on that I have missed when the site is live.

Plugin Contributions

(not for those who don't know ).
    That should have read note...

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm... all_subcats_products is not doing anything for me. - I'm still stuck with the three basic categories that won't expand to show the products, ie: a fully expanded tree.

I figure that this should work:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    $content 
    '';
    $content .= $_SESSION['category_tree']->build_category_string('ul''li'''02), $categories_id 0retrieve_categories_tree_array(), build_deepest_level_children(), 

retrieve_deepest_cats_array($categories_1$categories_2$categories_3);
    ?>

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast