Default Attribute controller option and value boxes disappeared?!

First let me say, I know very little about coding which is why we hired a company to create and install both of our sites. I have contacted the company, which said they will look into at some point today possibly. However, they are a a small company and quite successful, so we cannot always get an answer as quickly as we need one. That's why I thought it best to try for help here in the forums and hope for a quick response?!

The Attribute Controller's - "Add to Product" option and value - settings in the boxes, have disappeared - but all the original attributes for the options and values are still in the Attribute Product section as well as - in any products that already had them. However, we cannot add anymore attributes to any products, since the options and values are not available to choose from. The site is not yet live but the majority of our products have been added and we cannot proceed to complete it. This just happened yesterday. The night before, there was an odd occurrence in the Product descriptions. Words appeared that no one had typed in on one of the categories. For example the word "Leila" was in place of "Cassie" the Kangaroo and the word "Colm" replaced "Wallie" the Whale, and I can't remember the others. they were an easy fix - but strange glitches.

I was able to get some assistance from our hosting company (however, both sites have the same set-up and the other site works fine?!) which said:
    H: I think I've located the problem
    H.: It appears that your ZenCart is not installed in the correct location
    H.: It's installed directly into the public_html folder; it should be installed into its own folder
    H.: You might alert your webmaster of this problem and have them correct it
    H.: Or alternatively you could install ZenCart using Fantastico DeLuxe in your cPanel
    H.: It's a really painless process, and it creates the appropriate folders for you
    H.: And you would be able to begin using it immediately
    H.: If you do that though, make sure you uninstall all of the previous ZenCart files
    H.: (it should be installed into its own folder) - by this I meant its own folder within the public_html folder.
    -------------------------------------------
    Well, I do not understand enough to make the changes the tech explained and of course I don't have a back of all of the new additions we had just installed and am afraid of losing everything and being set back another couple of weeks. There were two of us working on the site and we had a ton of products and description put in and I was finishing up the attributes when it all happened, so back-up would've been made yesterday.

Can anyone make any suggestions that would be easy enough for us to implement or that I can pass along to our web person? Is there anyone here that can suggest one of the ZC experts to aide us in this fix or adding new modules? Please advise.

Thanx in advance!
    High hopes!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute controller option and value boxes disappeared?!

If another has not contacted you - check your private messages
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten