Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HOW TO: Add a desired shipping date field to order form [description]

Quote Originally Posted by velvetangels View Post
    Hello All,

I tried to install this template and copied all files into the directories and it looks like it was working for showing the Desired Delivery Date on the shipping page but i see nothing about cancel date anywhere.

Is there something I am missing or is it not working? Has anyone else had a problem with this? I am using Zencart 1.3.8.

Thanks for the help.
    Velvetangels,

I'm confused as to whether or nt you're interested in the Cancel Date part of this code... if not, check out the "Order Delivery Date" mod in the downloads section.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HOW TO: Add a desired shipping date field to order form [description]

Quote Originally Posted by mrmeech View Post
    Velvetangels,

I'm confused as to whether or nt you're interested in the Cancel Date part of this code... if not, check out the "Order Delivery Date" mod in the downloads section.
    Mrmeech,

Actually I am very interested in both a cancel date and a desired delivery date but when I tried to install the option that had both cancel and delivery dates only the delivery date would show up. I tried searching through the script for anything that contained order_cancel_date (the sql field for the cancel date) and I found nothing.

We are a wholesaler and both are very helpful for our customers.

Plugin Contributions

Mrmeech,

Actually I am very interested in both a cancel date and a desired delivery date but when I tried to install the option that had both cancel and delivery dates only the delivery date would show up. I tried searching through the script for anything that contained order_cancel_date (the sql field for the cancel date) and I found nothing.

We are a wholesaler and both are very helpful for our customers.
    Hmmm... Well, the Order Delivery Date mod is (more or less) a re-working of the mod that you are interested in, only when revised the code i only did the Delivery Date part and not the cancel date. Reasons being (but not limited to): Poorly packaged, there were a LOT of errors in the code, the cancel date didn't work to begin with (just like you're experiencing), and i didn't need it.

If you are a decent coder, it shouldn't be too hard to look through the code for the Order Delivery Date mod that i have and add in a cancel date feature along side. Or is that a bit much for your current skill level?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mrmeech View Post
    Hmmm... Well, the Order Delivery Date mod is (more or less) a re-working of the mod that you are interested in, only when revised the code i only did the Delivery Date part and not the cancel date. Reasons being (but not limited to): Poorly packaged, there were a LOT of errors in the code, the cancel date didn't work to begin with (just like you're experiencing), and i didn't need it.

If you are a decent coder, it shouldn't be too hard to look through the code for the Order Delivery Date mod that i have and add in a cancel date feature along side. Or is that a bit much for your current skill level?
    MrMeech,

I think I am an ok PHP coder (only been doing it for about a year and self taught). I think this is defiantly out of my scope to do but I will work towards seeing if I can make it work.

Thanks for the advice.

Plugin Contributions

MrMeech,

I think I am an ok PHP coder (only been doing it for about a year and self taught). I think this is defiantly out of my scope to do but I will work towards seeing if I can make it work.

Thanks for the advice.
    Off the top of my head can tell you that you're going to want to:
    • pay close attention to includes/classes/order.php. Look where the modifications for the order delivery date mod is... usually they are called "order_delivery_date" (go figure)
    • Update your language defines in english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/*.php
    • Update includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/checkout_*.php to display your cancel date info or whatever
    • Update admin/orders.php so that when you generate an email from an order page it will include the cancel date, as well as display the cancel date info on the orders page.
    • Make sure you update admin/includes/classes/order.php as well
    best of luck and let me know how you make out!!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Just read through this tread and I'm very interested, but instead of date would it be possible to edit mod to use time instead, I'm setting up a catering site where customers can order and collect or have delivered , but some items are call order and need to be cooked so a collection/delivery time would be really useful?

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by madge33 View Post
    Hi,
    Just read through this tread and I'm very interested, but instead of date would it be possible to edit mod to use time instead, I'm setting up a catering site where customers can order and collect or have delivered , but some items are call order and need to be cooked so a collection/delivery time would be really useful?

Cheers
    This question, more or less, just came up in the actual delivery date mod thread. Take a look at posts 61 and my response (post 62) here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...t=92762&page=7

It's pretty much the same exact principle.

Plugin Contributions

Cheers for that I'll stay posted.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by madge33 View Post
    Cheers for that I'll stay posted.
    Yeah, subscribe to the Order Delivery Date Support Thread and keep an eyeball on it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123