Thread: Restore MySQL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Restore MySQL

This morning, I accidentally deleted a category in my store, which contained over 700 products. But it gets worse (you know what's coming). My last backup is 1/30/08. I've had 20 new orders from then to now...I'm hoping that I could somehow restore only that category from the backup, (instead of restoring the whole DB) but I think it will be complicated. Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Restore MySQL

Your host should have a daily backup - mine will restore from that if asked.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, you can do that, that will involve manual restore, however. You need to ask your host for a copy of the database first, then you will have to manually restore the categories and products table, and a few other tables involved in this. After that, you may also need to check stock and fix some item quantity since you have had a few orders in between.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

No my host has no backups. My Jan. 30 backup is the only option.

Plugin Contributions

Then you will have to use your back-up, however, things may get really nasty here.

There are many approaches you can take, but the first thing is that you have to back up your current database.

Assuming that you have not added any new products or cats since then, it will be a bit easy.

You can drop table categories and table products, then import just those 2 tables from your Jan30 backup.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I used WinMerge to add the deleted products/categories to the current database. However, the deleted products are not showing up, and I can't figure out why. The deleted categories are back in place, but not the products. Yet in the Admin home it shows the correct number of products. I checked in the database, and the products are there. ???

Plugin Contributions

Update: From the front-end, the products can be accessed by using a direct link. However, even though the categories are showing, when you click on one it just says "no products to list in the category". It's like there a disconnect between the products & the categories.

Plugin Contributions

I thought WinMerge handles files only and has nothing to do with database? *_*

Plugin Contributions

Update#2: It's working!
    The problem: I hadn't merged the 'zen_products_to_categories' table into the database.

Everything is back into place like they should be. I'll have to go through updating quantities.

yellow1912, WinMerge worked great. It opened it as a text file.

Plugin Contributions

Ah, kk, gotcha,

I cant do that tho, my database is over a few hundred MBs, hehe.

PS: That use of WinMerge is very smart, nice solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast