Plugin Contributions

Default Currency mismatch

I have a log using PayPal Pro etc in the latest version which reads as follows:

IPN WARNING :: Currency/Amount Mismatch. Details:
    PayPal email address = [email protected]
    | mc_currency = GBP
    | submitted_currency = USD
    | order_currency = GBP
    | mc_gross = 5.00
    | converted_amount = 0.00
    | order_amount = 0

Anyone know why this would be? Thx.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Currency mismatch

Possibly a setting at PayPal itself. There is a facility there to specify currency options.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

This is what PayPal had to say:

Our IPN system does not issue a warning. We also do not pass an order_currency variable. This would be something that your cart is passing, and then your system is issuing the warning. This is something most likely your shopping cart is picking up, and your IPN script is generating the warning.

Any ideas much appreciated/

Plugin Contributions

Sorry if this is an old thread but I am also having this error.

IPN FATAL ERROR::Transaction did not validate
    IPN WARNING::Currency/Amount Mismatch. Details: PayPal email address = *******@***************.com
    -> | mc_currency = GBP | submitted_currency = USD | order_currency = GBP | mc_gross = 120.58 | converted_amount = 268.27 | order_amount = 174.2

Submitted currency is USD. Does it mean our shop's cart submitted the currency in USD? I'm trying to think how this is possible. The customer is from UK. Also, it doesn't always happen, but there's at least one order each day that has this error.

(I don't own the shop, I'm just the programmer for my client)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What version of Zen Cart?
    What currency selection is active in your PayPal Website Payments Standard module settings?
    Which currencies is the PayPal account configured to accept payment for?
    What exchange rates do you have set up for your USD and GBP currencies?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

-- we didn't install the shop, but the footer of the admin says Zen Cart v1.3.5/v1.3.0

What currency selection is active in your PayPal Website Payments Standard module settings?
    -- not sure what you mean by this. In this page:
    admin/modules.php?set=payment&module=paypal
    Transaction Curreny is set to Selected Currency

Which currencies is the PayPal account configured to accept payment for?
    -- It is my client's Paypal account, and I'm guessing Euro, GBP, and Yen.

What exchange rates do you have set up for your USD and GBP currencies?
    -- USD - 1.25999999
    -- GBP - 0.79750001
    (default is Euro - 1)

Also in addition to this, the client is receiving the payment even if it says it has an error. Also, the order_totals are missing in the zen_order_totals table.

I cannot reproduce the error since it seems random. The only reason I can think of is the session expired, but there's a part in the code that "builds" the session again even if the user is logged off.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    -- we didn't install the shop, but the footer of the admin says Zen Cart v1.3.5/v1.3.0
    RED FLAG!
    You're using Zen Cart v1.3.5, but you have a database version of 1.3.0 ?????????
    That's a recipe for problems.

Additionally, there have been hundreds of updates and bugfixes in v1.3.6, v1.3.7, v1.3.7.1, and v1.3.8a since the version you're using, including some related to PayPal.
    You'll likely find the symptoms resolved by upgrading. Might be worth setting up a test site with the new version to test and confirm, before upgrading the live site itself.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well I knew you'd suggest an upgrade, but does anyone know WHY that is happening? it really seems random.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, it does seem random. And, I can't seem to replicate the issue using the current version. Granted, I don't have your site, your customized code, your database, your settings, your PayPal account, your PayPal Account settings, etc to simulate exactly ... so, it's hard to say for sure.