Thread: text errors

Plugin Contributions

application error text errors

I recently installed zencart on my site: http://www.wdesign.ca.tf/store
    and the text hasn't been displaying right. Here is examples of what I get on the product pages:

999TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY

FileTEXT_ATTRIBUTES_PRICE_WAS+$0.00TEXT_ATTRIBUTE_IS_FREE

TEXT_DATE_AVAILABLE

Here is my system info:
    Server Information
    Server Host: Trademart-5.ednet.ns.ca (127.0.0.1) Database Host: sql06.freemysql.net (67.159.9.157)
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5.centos.plus Database: MySQL 4.1.22-standard
    Server Date: 03/18/2008 22:25:39 Database Date: 03/18/2008 20:25:16
    Server Up Time: 22:25:39 up 19:23, 2 users, load average: 0.66, 1.03, 1.18 HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.41 (Unix) mod_python/2.7.11 Python/2.4.3 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/4.4.8 mod_ssl/2.8.31 OpenSSL/0.9.8b
    PHP Version: 4.4.8 (Zend: 1.3.0) PHP Safe Mode: Off
    PHP File Uploads: On Max Size: 50M POST Max Size: 50M
    Database Data Size: 206 kB Database Index Size: 288 kB

Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.8
    v1.3.8 [2008-03-18 17:26:54] (Fresh Installation)
    v1.3.8 [2008-03-18 17:26:54] (Fresh Installation)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I go back to the re-named install directory, here is what it says:

ATTENTION: Problems Found CURL not compiled into PHP - notify server administrator more info...
    CURL not compiled into PHP - notify server administrator more info...
    admin configure.php is not writeable more info...
    store configure.php is not writeable more info...

Documentation

Have you read the Installation Instructions yet?
    The Installation Instructions will be a big help if you have not already read them.
    There you will find information about permissions-levels you will need to set to various folders/files and other details about installation prerequisites, as well as things to do after you are done with installation. There are also links there to the online FAQs and other helpful resources.

Upgrade Mode Available

Previous Zen Cart™ Installation Found
    Database appears to be Zen Cart™ v1.3.8
    System Inspection Results
    Webserver = Apache/1.3.41 (Unix) mod_python/2.7.11 Python/2.4.3 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/4.4.8 mod_ssl/2.8.31 OpenSSL/0.9.8b
    HTTP Host = schools.ednet.ns.ca
    Path_Translated = /home/httpd/schools/htdocs/avrsb/746/vjparker/files/wdesign//store/zc_install-/index.php
    Real Path = /home/httpd/schools/htdocs/avrsb/746/vjparker/files/wdesign/store
    Server Free Disk Space = 26.67 GB
    PHP O/S = Linux
    PHP API Mode = apache
    PHP Max Execution Time per page = 30
    Register Globals = ON Click here for more info
    MySQL Support = ON
    MySQL Version = 4.1.22-standard
    PHP Version = 4.4.8
    PHP Safe Mode = OFF
    PHP Sessions Support = ON
    PHP Session.AutoStart = OFF
    PHP session.use_trans_sid = OFF
    Current SQL Cache Folder = /home/httpd/schools/htdocs/avrsb/746/vjparker/files/wdesign/store/cache -->Writeable
    Suggested SQL Cache Folder = /home/httpd/schools/htdocs/avrsb/746/vjparker/files/wdesign/store/cache
    PHP magic_quotes_runtime setting = OFF
    PHP magic_quotes_sybase setting = OFF
    PHP GD Support = ON
    GD Version = GD bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
    PHP ZLIB Compression Support = ON
    PHP OpenSSL Support = ON
    PHP cURL Support = OFF Click here for more info
    CURL NON-SSL Capability = CURL not compiled into PHP - notify server administrator Click here for more info
    CURL SSL Capability = CURL not compiled into PHP - notify server administrator Click here for more info
    CURL NON-SSL Capability via Proxy = CURL not compiled into PHP - notify server administrator Click here for more info
    CURL SSL Capability via Proxy = CURL not compiled into PHP - notify server administrator Click here for more info
    PHP Upload Support = ON upload_max_filesize=50M; post_max_size=50M
    PHP Upload TMP dir = /tmp-upload-php

View PHPINFO for your server Other System Information (For Reference Only)
    The following info does not necessarily indicate any problem or configuration issue. It is simply for the sake of displaying it in an easy-to-find location.
    PHP include_path = .:/usr/local/lib/php
    PHP SMTP destination = localhost
    PHP sendmail path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
    PHP sendmail 'from' =
    PHP open_basedir restrictions =
    PHP Output Buffering (gzip) = OFF
    PHP FTP Support = ON
    PHP XML Support = ON
    PHP Session.Save_Path = /home/httpd/schools/htdocs/avrsb/746/vjparker/files/wdesign/store/cache -->Writeable
    File and Folder Permissions
    In order for the installer to store the setup information you provide in the following pages, the configure.php files shown below need to be "writable".
    includes/configure.php = Unwriteable
    admin/includes/configure.php = Unwriteable
    In order for many Zen Cart™ administrative and day-to-day functions to work properly, You need to mark several files/folders "Writeable". The following is a list of folders which need to be "read-write", along with recommended CHMOD settings. Please correct these settings before continuing installation. Refresh this page in your browser to re-check settings.

Some hosts may not allow you to set CHMOD 777, but only 666. Start with the higher setting first, and switch to lower values if required.
    cache = OK
    images = OK
    includes/languages/english/html_includes = OK
    media = OK
    pub = OK
    admin/backups = OK
    admin/images/graphs = OK

- Of course the config files aren't writeable, because I chmoded them like I was supposed to.

I will attach my php info in a word document zipped as a .zip file.

Any suggestions on why these problems are caused and how to fix them?

Let me know.
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: text errors

Does anyone have any answers for me? Do I have to switch to a different E-Commerce?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jharvie View Post
    the text hasn't been displaying right. Here is examples of what I get on the product pages:

999TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY

FileTEXT_ATTRIBUTES_PRICE_WAS+$0.00TEXT_ATTRIBUTE_IS_FREE

TEXT_DATE_AVAILABLE
    This suggests that you've not fully uploaded all the files in the /includes/languages folders. And, if some of those files are missing, then chances are that you've also missed other files in other places too.
    Related FAQ with additional thoughts: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=95

It's possible that your FTP program encountered timeouts and left files incomplete or missing after upload. Try using FileZilla as a more reliable FTP application.

Here is my system info:
    Server Information
    Server Host: Trademart-5.ednet.ns.ca
    I think I would run quickly to a different host who takes security seriously.
    Your host has left the door open to expose a list of every hosting customer on their server.
    That sort of environment is *not* the place to host your ecommerce business.

Database Host: sql06.freemysql.net (67.159.9.157)
    "freemysql.net"?
    I submit that running an ecommerce application on free hosting services will typically result in dissatisfaction with the performance of the server, since often the database is not tuned for optimal performance, favouring more-users instead of more-speed.

ATTENTION: Problems Found CURL not compiled into PHP - notify server administrator more info...
    You'll have difficulty using credit-card processing through authorize.net or using PayPal Express Checkout or Website Payments Pro options if you don't have CURL available. The addon UPSXML shipping module also requires CURL if you want to use it.
    The currency-update operation in the admin area also uses CURL to talk to external servers.
    If you can live without these services, you can ignore those CURL warnings.
    However, servers designed to do ecommerce usually already have CURL with SSL support already enabled.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I fixed the problem- I reuploaded the language files. I can't switch hosts because this one is provided for me free, and it is ad free. The only thing I am using it for is to sell my screen saver downloads using paypal. It acutally doesn't show every hosted user, just one section that requested to be shown.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It acutally doesn't show every hosted user, just one section that requested to be shown.
    Sorry, it sure does ... unless there are actually more than 511 accounts on the server?
    Hackers love that sort of exposure. Lotsa doors to know where to go knocking.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

.. and while it may be ad free - it looks like your shop is in a frame and even PayPal won't work in a frame.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

It's a bit on the slow side as well. Not a good sign considering you haven't even got many products.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Sorry, it sure does ... unless there are actually more than 511 accounts on the server?
    Hackers love that sort of exposure. Lotsa doors to know where to go knocking.
    There are way more than 511 accounts, probably at least 8000, as they have many servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    .. and while it may be ad free - it looks like your shop is in a frame and even PayPal won't work in a frame.
    That is just the free domain I used to shorten the link to post here in the forums. It actually doesn't run in any frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven300 View Post
    It's a bit on the slow side as well. Not a good sign considering you haven't even got many products.
    It actually isn't usually that slow, its just that they are currently doing maintnence to their servers. They already informed me that it will be completed as quick as they can. I don't really have any products right now because I just started out.