Plugin Contributions

Default Trying to alter the Shopping Cart checkout process - Please Help!!

Can anyone help with altering a shopping cart??

I am trying to change the page progression of the shopping cart. Most of the beginning pages can remain the same but I have a website that will be used in Japan and need the shopping cart to go through a different process.

I need to skip the billing pages completely. The customer will go through the same process of pressing the GO TO CHECKOUT button and having to log in or create an account. But immediately after that page I need to skip the Payment Method - Step 2 (billing info) page and go directly to a thank you page that displays the order number and our merchant account information.

The reason for this is that in Japan most people do not pay with a credit card and usually deposit directly into a post office account, e-bank, or other bank using a merchants acct info to pay (unlike U.S.). This info is provided by the merchant at the time of the purchase and the customers takes this info and makes a payment.

As a recap, I need the cart to go through the following process:

-Shopping Cart page (same)
    -Login Page (same)
    -I need to skip the Payment Method - Step 2 (billing info)
    -Confirmation Page (need to display the customers address from their acct)
    -Success - Thank You Page (where our merchant acct info will be displayed)

I hope someone knows how to alter this, I have been trying to do this for 7 weeks with no success.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trying to alter the Shopping Cart checkout process - Please Help!!

You can't skip the payment process- you can however use one of the bank deposit payment modules from the downloads section.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trying to alter the Shopping Cart checkout process - Please Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    You can't skip the payment process- you can however use one of the bank deposit payment modules from the downloads section.
    Thanks for the info. I installed the mod and it showed up, but now I have issues with the text on that page. It is displaying all kinds of crazy characters. Here is an example:

¹ØÆþ¼Ô̾¤ÈÆþ¶â¿¶¹þ¿Í¤Î̾µÁ¤¬°Û¤Ê¤ë¾ì¹ç¤Ï½ñ¤##¤Ë¤´µ##Æþ²¼¤µ¤¤¡£

This is not occuring on any of my other pages. Also, if I do get this to work, how would I add multiple banks? I have 3 different bank account options for customers.

Thanks again.