Plugin Contributions

Default Question about adding a column

Hello fellow Zenners! I am looking for some advise or assistance.

I am looking to have a new field that stores a manufactures shipping timeframe. Basically I sell sever items that are drop-shipped and each vendor has a different shipping agreement, one may be that items ship within 1-3 business days and another may be like 1-2 weeks.

What I am looking for is some ideas on how to add this to the manfacturer, so I don't have to type it into each product dexcription. Plus during the Holidays this may change so I want one place I can go and quickly update all items.

I want to make sure I can upgrade to new versions of Zen in the future, so I don't want to break anything by adding a new column to a table or something.

So, can anyone give me some guidance or suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question about adding a column

Ok, I think I want to go the route of adding a column to the manufacturers table. Thus far I have added the column, created then entry in the language file (using over-ride) and added the addition line to the tpl_product_info_display page to echo out the value (using over-ride).

Where I am stuck is the hard part... Where do I update the sql script that pulls the manudacturer information for the tpl_product_info_display.php file so I can add my new column for the select statement?

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to keep bothering, but I am trying to figure this out on my own. I have added the following code to my over-ride tpl_product_info_display.php file, but nothing is happening. Can anyone help??? The code currently resides in the productModelNumber DIV section.

Code:
      <!-- SPD Added Shipping Commitment -->
      <?php if ($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_shipping)) {
        $manufacturers_shipping_query = "select m.manufacturers_shipping
                                from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m
                                left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p on m.manufacturers_id = p.manufacturers_id
                                where m.manufacturers_id = p.manufacturers_id and p.products_status= 1";

$manufacturers_shipping = $db->Execute($manufacturer_shipping_query);

echo ( TEXT_PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER_SHIPPING . $manufacturers_shipping ) . "\n"; ?>
      <?php } ?>

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone tell me where the SQL is for the Products Info page so I can add my new column to the select? Any help is appreciated.