Thread: Module Manager

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Module Manager

OK, uploaded a clean backup of the admin/ folder, copied all the module_manager files across and tried again.

Errors reported during first run:

A. - Failed: 1
    B. - ERROR: Cannot create table module_version_tracker because it already exists
    C. - Note: 1 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.
    D. - Failed to set up version tracker table

My notes:

B. OK, this was becuase of previous install
    C. Error message in this table is B.

D. Why not? Maybe this is the problem?

---------------------

IE and FF stil lreport exactly the same error......sigh!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by boutiqueshops View Post
    Well, I left it alone after my post. I installed a couple of other mods, beginning with Simple SEO-which requires this mod.

Only after installing Simple SEO did it show any acknowledgment of another mod being installed. I'm wondering if Module Manager is proprietary to this author's add-ons.

It didn't 'say' anything new when I installed RSS Feed or Google Base Feeder. So...who knows? Simple SEO is working and that's what I needed.
    I would have thought module_manager only works with other modules (like Simple SEO) that are written to "link"with it. So other modules do not appear. Of course I can't get the *darn* thing to work anyway.

Maybe I should try installing a linked module?

I would have thought module_manager only works with other modules (like Simple SEO) that are written to "link"with it. So other modules do not appear. Of course I can't get the *darn* thing to work anyway.
    That's what I meant; my initial understanding was that it would 'manage' all modules, but obviously this is not the case.

Is your site live? Post a link if so.

Other installed mods? (could there be a conflict?)

zc version?

Plugin Contributions

FWIW I bit the bullet and installed like this:

1. Install fresh copy of ZC 138a
    2. Install security patch BUT NOT rename admin folder
    3. Install Module Manager B4 anything else
    - still gives the missing object error but..
    4. Install JA Cross Sell
    - module manager installs module and all works OK
    5. Install all other modules *not* using module manager

------------------------------------------------

So far so good, so it seems like the missing object error doesn't affect the current functionality of the code, and as it is in the admin side it probably isn't going to affect the running of the shop itself.. Still bugs me though.....

--------------------------------------------------

Re: not renaming admin folder - I don't know if this is relevant or not to this modules operation (some think it is), I always put an additional .htaccess challenge on the admin directory so it probably doesn't matter that it isn't renamed (though I'm happy to be corrected....!)

--------------------------------------------------

Like most raw code fresh default installs always seem to work, so in this case as I could do this I am probably happy to run with the code as is. For those who are trying to install *later* my advise would be that *if* it doesn't work, roll-back (of course you have the back-ups don't you!) and probably give this module a miss till there is better support and knowledge available on the forums.

That's what I would be doing. Cheers all.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I'm a newbie on the Zen Cart scene and wanted to install zencart_module_manager. Now I get the following error message when I go to the module manager in the Tool menu:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' in /srv/www/vhosts/shop.gamesnstuff.com/includes/classes/ri_template.php on line 56

Can anybody help me out with this problem? The reason I want to use module manager is to install cross_sell__just_another_cross_sell_mod_rev186.zip

Thanks,

Jonathan

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Module Manager addon - Current_version.txt missing - help?

I'm seeing the same thing, and I see your post is two years old without a reply. Any luck?

Plugin Contributions

I'm getting the same error message that I saw posted a half dozen times in here, with no solution:

"public_html/admin/includes/module_installation/modules/current_version.txt is missing"

Has anyone resolved this particular issue?

Plugin Contributions

Oh my God,

Any kind people who can help me ?

I got some problem with my module manager:
    Below are problems:

Warning: file(/var/www/vhost/youtoimp/public_html/includes/module_installation/install.sql) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/youtoimp/public_html/admin/includes/classes/module_installer.php on line 201

Error: Nothing to do - no query or query-file specified.
    Failed to set up version tracker table

Render error, file not found(/var/www/vhost/youtoimp/public_html/includes/templates/templates/module_manager/tpl_index.php)

Thank you very much !

Plugin Contributions

Forgive me if this sounds retarded, but did you verify the file is in place where specified, via FTP?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MrVDL View Post
    I'm getting the same error message that I saw posted a half dozen times in here, with no solution:

"public_html/admin/includes/module_installation/modules/current_version.txt is missing"

Has anyone resolved this particular issue?
    I'm having the same problem.... or is it even a problem? I am trying to install a SEO module.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast