Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Inventory Control

thanks for the quick reply...I'll post if we figure it out. One thing we are looking into is allowing COD in zencart just for walk-in sales...problem is that the COD option would show up for the online customers also.

Plugin Contributions

The stocking/destocking is a common issue it seems.

At the moment, we would like to have a simple barcode solution that allows us to create products in Zencart with a barcode field. We would ideally scan the existing barcode on the product as opposed to creating our own.

Once created, we could add or deduct products by simply scanning the barcode (eventially with a "how many" entry field)

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

we are looking into Barcode Product Field module and ollacart...have a lot to research on all this as we are just opening a brick-and-mortor.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I'll check out the barcode add-on, it seems to be what I'm after.

Plugin Contributions

I think my problem is related to this post.

My client and her husband take orders. She handles online orders, while he handles in-person orders (wholesalers and trade shows).

He sometimes forgets to tell her he sold something, which makes inventory levels innaccurate.

Is there a mod or way of creating orders as real purchases but zero out the price and shipping to adjust the inventory level and have paper trail of the changes?

Thanks,
    JE

Plugin Contributions

Our solution may be awkward but here goes:

Method 1:

Husband processes orders at the shows through the zencart terminal live by turning on under Modules > Shipping: "Store Pickup" so that a no shipping option is available. If they pay cash, (awkward part) turn on the COD option temporarily. Cards process as usual.

Optional method:

If speed is an issue then create a generic customer and be logged on as "Live Customer" and process the payment live with Store Pickup as an option.

Optional method 2:
    Have him give his wife the receipts from the show and she enters everything in under "Live Customer" or while creating the customers profile, COD payment turned on for as long as it takes her to enter the info.

hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by athena View Post
    Our solution may be awkward but here goes:

Method 1:

Husband processes orders at the shows through the zencart terminal live by turning on under Modules > Shipping: "Store Pickup" so that a no shipping option is available. If they pay cash, (awkward part) turn on the COD option temporarily. Cards process as usual.

Optional method:

If speed is an issue then create a generic customer and be logged on as "Live Customer" and process the payment live with Store Pickup as an option.

Optional method 2:
    Have him give his wife the receipts from the show and she enters everything in under "Live Customer" or while creating the customers profile, COD payment turned on for as long as it takes her to enter the info.

hope this helps.
    Thanks for the suggestion. The pick up option would help for offline orders (trade show, etc).

The problem is with keeping inventory and form of payment accurate.

Scenario

Husband sells products at trade show, takes payment cash, credit card (through physical credit card terminal).

Wife reconciles trade show transactions manually creating customers' profiles in online store and process items as if purchased online BUT when she comes up to the payment step things get complicated. If the customer at the trade show paid with credit card it has already being process.

She could process it as a cash option but then her bookeeping records would be innaccurate. It would be over in cash and short in credit card transactions.

The more I think about the more it seems to be a bookeeping issue. How to resolve this? I am sure there are other using online stores and taking offline orders (tradeshows, physical stores).

Thank you all!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12