Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Inventory Control

Hello all,

I have many products from many vendors and need to be able to see when my stock levels are low for a certain vendor, print that purchase order and order my goods. Is there a way of doing this and easily restocking these items when they come in? I have been using SBIC for this and liked it but would much rather use Zencart for this purpose so that my stock levels are in one database (I wish I could figure out how to link the two database's...).

Also, for some products I may need 50 in stock at minimum while others I only need one before it shows as being a low stock item. There only seems to be a global option for showing when stock levels are low, is there a way to get around this by setting a low stock level for each item separately?

I also have a physical shop and a warehouse and would like to keep track of stock levels between them, any ideas? I use the warehouse for business to business sales and the shop for customer sales...of course I also have the e-shop for customer sales. I recently installed ollacart so that I could keep track of inventory of my e-shop and physical shop using POS, it is great. However, it is terrible at helping me generate purchase orders and I can't seem to figure out how to include the stock of my warehouse but be able to keep it from the e-shop customer view (It would be nice to let my business to business customers see it though).

Is there a module designed for proper inventory control that can be used with Zen cart?

This is actually becoming a big problem for me, I hope that someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Inventory Control

Hello? Is anybody out there? This seems like a very interesting problem for many people and it surprises me that nothing has been implemented to help with inventory control. For now I will figure out how to import and export csv files from 3rd party software, but this seems unnecessary. Are there any coders out there willing to crack sbic and allow it to work with zencart??

Plugin Contributions

Not that I know of...
    Also, by sbic do you mean this?
    http://www.rytechsoftware.com/
    Tutorials on Zen Cart
    http://tutorials.zen-cart.com/index.php
    ---------------
    advanced.programmer at gmail dot com
    In love with Zen Cart!!

Plugin Contributions

Yes, thats the one. Its pretty useful(and cheap)and I have actually been using it as my POS for a long time but am trying to convert to Zencart completely. However, I can no longer do purchase orders etc unless I update the stock listings in sbic. Very irritating.

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you need some custom programming. I have the same problem with considering products "low" at different actual quantities, I just arbitrarily set the low stock notice to 4 and ignore the low-stock Emails on items that I know I need less of. But for something that you need to be notified when it's less than 50, I haven't seen anything to do that. Especially when you need to know how many items are in each location -- you really have special needs.

I wish it had a "restock received" option or something like that, so I could enter how many of what I received and let ZenCart total it up. I currently have to manually edit the product and manually change the total inventory on each item. It's better than what I had before (which was no inventory control at all) but still pretty primitive.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]Sylvia
    PM at your own risk, I don't check in regularly!
    MamaSylvia.com My ZenCart tutorial
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Currently working on an integration solution for a POS / Inventory system for a client running Zen Cart. Let me know if you need some help

Plugin Contributions

What software are you working with?? I plan to use Ollacart but I am interested to here what you are working on as it doesn't offer any inventory control.

Cheers,

jeff

Plugin Contributions

I too have a client considering Ollacart but she depends on her size by attributes for stock counts. Apparently Ollacart is not compatible for this feature? Been going back and forth with them on this, has anyone get a better solution for this that works with zen? She has been open a week with no POS system for her store as she really wants something to integrate with Zen.

~Renee
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Red[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Inventory Control

Redcinamn, did you find a solution? We also use stock by attributes.

Plugin Contributions

No in fact it has been confirmed that even with his additions he is catering more towards Os Commerce which is truly a disappointment as Zen if a far superior cart.

if anyone is using something that works with Zen I would love to hear about it!

Red
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Red[/FONT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast