Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default installation problems

Hi im playing around with zen cart on my localhost with wamp5 on my pc everything worked fine.. and now when i try to access my site it says

1146 Table 'zencart.configuration' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select configuration_key as cfgkey, configuration_value as cfgvalue from configuration]

I also my databases are missing when i goto phpmyadin. now is there a way i car restore this site or was i supposed to save the databases??If not why did they get deleteed..

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: installation problems

Help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by baronsamedi View Post
    1146 Table 'zencart.configuration' doesn't exist
    That means that when the program tried to find the database named "zencart" and locate the table in it named 'configuration', it ran into one or both of them being missing.
    I also my databases are missing when i goto phpmyadin.
    Sounds like you deleted them.

now is there a way i car restore this site or was i supposed to save the databases??
    Um ... yes, if you're going to delete databases, you should save their content before deleting, if you want to bring back the data again.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

is there a whay i can resotre all my setting again? or am i gonna have to install it again under the same database name and just copy everything over

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

is there a whay i can resotre all my setting again? or am i gonna have to install it again under the same database name and just copy everything over
    I don't understand what you mean by "just copy everything over". Copy what? from where, to where?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

i mean install zen cart all overagain with the same database name then replace the new files with my old files(old zencart installation that that table and database got deleted from?.. will that work?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Maybe. Maybe not.
    The error message will go away, but anything you've installed and configured in the admin previously will no longer be there. Thus, any addons you've added will need to be re-added again.

If the only thing you've changed is stylesheets and php templates for your own template, then you might be able to get away with that strategy. However, ALL the settings you changed in the admin area were stored in the database. So, since you deleted your database, all that information is lost.

Time to get in the habit of making regular backups.

Plugin Contributions

k thank im new to web site building so its a lesson learn.. to back it up i go to phpadmin and go to the database and export it or is there a backup option?? thanks

Plugin Contributions

btw im workin on the site offline and when i do go live with it.. its shouldnt be hard to transfer it to a host of my choice shoudl it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

btw im workin on the site offline and when i do go live with it.. its shouldnt be hard to transfer it to a host of my choice shoudl it?
    May I suggest that you choose a host that's familiar with Zen Cart and has their servers optimized/tuned to work well with Zen Cart and other ecommerce software! For recommendations, click the "hosting" link at the top of this page.

As to the transfer, here's the FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=99

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast