Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default discount on attributes by price

Now I am lost. The attributes really do not seem to be easy. I somehow (not too sure how) managed to get my attributes running though.

I have only one attribute: amount. Starting price is 0 and then there are 7 different amount options with different price. That works great.

I would like to discount the two highest amounts. I tried to use 'apply discount use by product special' but that put my price to 0, since my starting price is 0.

on top of that i would like to discount one by 20% and the other one by 25%.

i am more then confused on how to use (if that is the way) the price factor or the discount by amount attribute?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: discount on attributes by price

Quote Originally Posted by kacenka View Post
    Now I am lost. The attributes really do not seem to be easy. I somehow (not too sure how) managed to get my attributes running though.

I have only one attribute: amount. Starting price is 0 and then there are 7 different amount options with different price. That works great.
    I'm actually struggling to acheive what you've done. I want to have 3 different price brackets on each item I'm selling, so the more items the customers buy the cheaper the item.
    What I want it to look like is eg 1 item £1.00, 2-25 items £0.80 26 items and over £0.60.
    I've read through so much stuff and looked at loads of different options but just dont seem to be able to acheive it.
    Can anyone help? I need a very clear idiots explanation!

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pupsandpets View Post
    I'm actually struggling to acheive what you've done. I want to have 3 different price brackets on each item I'm selling, so the more items the customers buy the cheaper the item.
    What I want it to look like is eg 1 item £1.00, 2-25 items £0.80 26 items and over £0.60.
    Have you considered the Quantity Discounts mod.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Steven300 View Post
    Have you considered the Quantity Discounts mod.
    Hi
    I did look into that but the impression I got was this doesn't show the customer that they get the items cheaper for buying in multiples, they would only see this once added to shoppin cart!?

I want people to see the price options by quantity when they are looking at the item so to encourage multiple sales.

Plugin Contributions

will look into that , thank you

Plugin Contributions

I get the impression the quantity discounts only shows in shopping cart, not on the item so to encourage multiple sales!?

Plugin Contributions

I get the impression the quantity discounts only shows in shopping cart, not on the item so to encourage multiple sales!?
    I think that's correct. I don't use it myself. You could always advertise the quantity discount manually.. inside your product's description?

Plugin Contributions

You want your product look like this? http://orders.onewaytraffic.net
    any product has select by price so any you click you will see what i am asking.

if you read the instructions in the tutorials/faq, the place that is not really explained right is step two. At least for me that was where I was getting stuck. I kept going to attributes and only had one price there. Then I went back to step two and copied everything to everything (I only had two things up then so I could afford to screw it up).

Then i just kept copying the products and adjusting prices accordingly depending on what it was. I am sure there is an easier way but at least I managed to get where I need to be.
    k

Plugin Contributions

Cool! I actually can help someone! Is this something like what you want:

http://www.steigerfamily.com/ZenCart...products_id=11

ZC does this wonderfully, you just have to know where to look. First, set up the product you want to have quantity discounts on in Admin/Catalog/Categories Products. Use the base 1-item price as the price.

Then, go to Admin/Catalog/Products Price Manager. Select the category that you put this item in, then highlight the item and click on the "Display" button. Make sure the right product is shown above the "Edit" button or you'll wind up making the changes on the wrong product. (Don't ask me how I know that.) Under the red "Preview Only ... Current Price Status" is an "Edit" button; click on it.

Under a lot of filled-in boxes you will see a button labelled "add blank discounts." The number of blank discounts to be added at a time can be set in the config settings, I don't remember exactly where but it doesn't matter, if you want more blank boxes than the number given, just click the button again. Then fill in the first quantity at which you will offer a discount, and the amount or percentage. The "Discount Type" box will tell ZC how to handle it, and you can discount either from the official price or a special price you have on the product. Repeat until you have filled in all the quantity breaks you want to offer. I suggest discounting an amount or a percentage rather than to a given price, because that way, when you raise the base price, the quantity break prices will adjust right along and you won't have to edit each quantity break manually. (Just call me Lazy ...) Be SURE to hit "Update" to record the quantity breaks you just figured and typed in!

As you can see from my link, the quantity breaks DO show up on the product page.

If you want different prices for different attributes of a product, you can do that with ZC too, but give me some examples and I'll tell you how to do it.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]Sylvia
    PM at your own risk, I don't check in regularly!
    MamaSylvia.com My ZenCart tutorial
    [/FONT]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast