Plugin Contributions

red flag Welcome Email Store Owner - After edit the sign up page goes blank Help

So I'm trying to edit the Store Owner from the Welcome email and for some reason that I cannot figure out. The sign up page wont work after I change code line below. It's like when you hit submit after you fill all the info the next page, the create_account_success.php just goes blank.

So what I'm doing is changing the original line:

define('EMAIL_GV_CLOSURE','Sincerely,' . "\n\n" . STORE_OWNER . "\nStore Owner\n\n". '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'.HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ."</a>\n\n");

to this
    define('EMAIL_GV_CLOSURE','Sincerely,' . "\n\n" . STORE_OWNER . "\nNEW Owner\n\n". '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'.HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ."</a>\n\n");

Is there any more code that I need to change to get this done correctly? I'm not a programmer but I have a little bit of knowledge.

I'm using the red passion template. I search the forum and I found all the tutorials on how to change but I couldn't find anyone who had the same issue or a solution to it.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Welcome Email Store Owner - After edit the sign up page goes blank Help

Is this the ONLY thing you changed? Have you changed any other message in the defines area? I ask because writing something with an apostrophe will cause a blank screen.
    Like if you have written: We've changed blah blah.

It would need to be written like this:

We\'ve changed blah blah.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Welcome Email Store Owner - After edit the sign up page goes blank Help

That's the only part of the code that I changed. And when I replace the store owner back to normal the blank screen goes away. I was wondering if I had to change any other files since the only thing I'm changing is those tow words "Store Owner". It seems to me that the Store Owner is linked to something else and when I change it activates the error ?!...

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply Mag.

Plugin Contributions

No apostrophe was used.

Plugin Contributions

What ftp program are you using to upload?

Plugin Contributions

dreamweaver. Does that make a difference? Should I use other ftp program?

Thanks for all you help Marg I really appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84613
    Install the above debugger and you will see what error is generated when the blank page shows

Plugin Contributions

[09-Mar-2008 14:51:25] PHP Warning: session_regenerate_id() [<a href='function.session-regenerate-id'>function.session-regenerate-id</a>]: Cannot regenerate session id - headers already sent in /home/maaccess/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 167
    [09-Mar-2008 14:51:25] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/maaccess/public_html/includes/languages/english/create_account.php:107) in /home/maaccess/public_html/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44

I have it installed here is the error log. I couldn't find what was causing it but for the name changed.

Plugin Contributions

Well I figure out how to fix it. The error was on line 107 of the document as you can see the error log above it tells you where the error is. Since I'm new to this and I'm not a programmer it took me a while and a lot of tries. But simply by erasing the line (just hit backspace on the line 107, I erase untill the (?>) that's the end of the code) and after that the blank page was gone!

Cheers hope this can help anyone who has the same problem.