Plugin Contributions

Default error code 10401 - Not happy setup?

Need help setting up PayPal Express Checkout. Getting RED Color error message when trying to purchase product:

Error An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. (10401) 10401 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. - Order total is invalid.
    What does this 10401 mean? Is there a debug page or code listing somewhere I can check?

I tested the curl and it passed well. My PayPal is personal account and went into the PayPal to access the Express Checkout IPN stuff and copy/paste it into the Zen Cart Module Configuration ... but I think I am missing something because of this error message when performing purchase.

Would someone kindly advise. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: error code 10401 - Not happy setup?

It appears my issue was my fault! I accept responsibility for my experience. It appears I did not fully configure the PayPal Express Checkout ... missed the part where I had to Turn ON PayPal IPN and use tell it, my paypal account, proper URL. I wasn't expecting this and overlooked it.

3. In your PayPal account, enable Instant Payment Notification:
    under "Profile", select Instant Payment Notification Preferences

* click the checkbox to enable IPN
    * if there is not already a URL specified, set the URL to:
    https://www.mydomain.com/mystoredire...in_handler.php
    This was done with proper URL and I ran thru a quick 50cent transaction. Worked. And guess what ... I'm a happy camper!

Side notes:

Was expecting all the paypal related stuff to appear in popup window. It didn't. My main store window was redirected to PayPal.

The 1st page on PayPal asked for login. I had to click the text to pay without logging into PayPal which braught me to 2nd page requesting shipping info and credit card info on left side, or Login box on right side. I'd really like to skip the first page above and have customers go directly to this 2nd page as most people will want to pay with probably pay with credit card.

If anyone knows how to set these things up would you please post.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PingPing View Post
    Side notes:

Was expecting all the paypal related stuff to appear in popup window. It didn't. My main store window was redirected to PayPal.
    That's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by PingPing View Post
    The 1st page on PayPal asked for login. I had to click the text to pay without logging into PayPal which braught me to 2nd page requesting shipping info and credit card info on left side, or Login box on right side. I'd really like to skip the first page above and have customers go directly to this 2nd page as most people will want to pay with probably pay with credit card.

If anyone knows how to set these things up would you please post.
    That's because you've logged into PayPal before, using the same browser, and PayPal set a cookie on your computer saying that you're apparently a PayPal customer.
    If you clear your browser cache and cookies, that'll go back to normal.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

You are absolutely correct. Keep up the great work Dr. Byte. Your posts are all over the forum. I am very happy to read your words. Thank-you very much for the Zen Cart software.