Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HOW-TO: Image Preparation

Hi Ted!! Thank you SO MUCH for your response! Okay, so at least I'm on the right path, which is good to know. I did set it as you suggested, and nothing has changed. I even tried to list only 2 per row so they would fit, and still nothing. Maybe it's because the text is in the way? I don't know how to get rid of that. I want the text under the picture instead of to the side. Do you, by chance, know how to do that also? I see you're a new zenner! Obviously a quick learner!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by masakodesigns View Post
    Okay, so at least I'm on the right path, which is good to know.
    I'm afraid not. The answer you need is in Ryk's post immediately above your last one. Here's a link to the add-on module that he's pointing you towards.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

If I upload my picture like this, everything works fine;
    images/mypicture.jpg
    images/medium/mypicture_MED.jpg
    images/large/mypicture_LRG.jpg

When I upload them like this however, only the small image is used and the _MED and _LRG file are ignored.
    images/products/mypicture.jpg
    images/products/medium/mypicture_MED.jpg
    images/products/large/mypicture_LRG.jpg

I dont want to use my images directory as its getting very cluttered. Is there a way around this problem?
    james

Plugin Contributions

On your Product page are you pointing the image to the new directory? Over on the right down where you're telling it the image name to use there's a drop down to select the directory the image is stored in, that needs to be set correctly or it will just read the images from the main images directory.
    Ted
    Never say never, it's only a matter of time, energy and asking the right person the right question!

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I set the directory from Main Directory to products.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdavid View Post
    If I upload my picture like this, everything works fine;
    images/mypicture.jpg
    images/medium/mypicture_MED.jpg
    images/large/mypicture_LRG.jpg

When I upload them like this however, only the small image is used and the _MED and _LRG file are ignored.
    images/products/medium/mypicture_MED.jpg
    images/products/large/mypicture_LRG.jpg

I dont want to use my images directory as its getting very cluttered. Is there a way around this problem?
    james
    this took me a bit to get as well but I've got it now... check it out.

images/medium/products/mypicture.jpg
    images/large/pruducts/mypicture.jpg

all images should show up just fine if you are set up like that.
    make sense?

@zerocrew: thanks man!
    I was having trouble because when added to the same folder, the product page was showing "Additional" images, instead of treating them as different sizes of the same images.
    Then I tried putting them on the medium and large folders but nothing happened...thanks to your post, I found out I had to add the extra folder on each medium and large folders aswell!

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hey another newbie with the same issue. I am hoping someone can help me. I have read all 23 pages of this thread and I thought I followed the directions carefully but went wrong somewhere. Can someone please view my site and tell me why all the images from the home page are showing on the product detail page as additional images instead of seperate images. I want the home page and categorie page to be the same image of my design but the product detail page should be the design on a tee shirt. Please help. Thanks

www.divinechishirts.com

Plugin Contributions

I think if you have uploaded your category image and designated it on the category page and have uploaded a different image(s) to the product page everything will work fine when you change the item to In Stock instead of Sold Out. Whenever a customer views a page where the item is not available for purchase or an empty shopping cart there's a setting in Admin under Stock that you can turn on or off that shows the New Products listings.

Those "additional images" you are seeing is the New Products page. If you add quantity to an item then the Sold Out button should be replaced with Add To Cart and the Product image and additional images will be shown when viewing the Product page and the New Products page won't show up any more.
    Ted
    Never say never, it's only a matter of time, energy and asking the right person the right question!

Plugin Contributions

image problem Re: HOW-TO: Image Preparation

I appreciate your prompt response! I tried to do what you said, but now I have my Product Information image showing up in my categories! If you can check out the site agin, you will see what I mean.

Here's the link to the product I changed to in stock & tried to add the image too.

http://www.divinechishirts.com/index...ex&cPath=67_83

I should probably make you aware that I did NOT build this site. I hired a web designer to create it for my company based off of a PhotoShop document I created. The site LOOKS great, but I can't get it to function the way I need it to. And of course the web designer received his money so now he's no where to be found.

Perhaps that's why I'm having difficulties understanding a lot of what I'm reading on this forum. I'm beginning to think it would have been easier to have built the site myself! lol! Anyways, ANY help or direction you can give me is much, much appreciated.

Here's some more information about what I've been doing. Maybe you can spot my mistake(s):

I created a folder called "products" in the main images folder. I loaded my small image to it (no extra extension on the file name). Then I created another "products" folder in the medium directory and loaded my medium image to it (image_MED.jpg). Then I created a third "products" folder in the large directory and loaded that image (image_LRG.jpg). I did all of these uploads through ZC admin. Meaning I had to go into each product a total of 3 times to load the three images. Each time I loaded a new image I would select the category from the drop down list. Now I notice that the two products folders I created under the Medium and Large directories do not show on this drop down list, just Large and Medium.

When I did all of this my website only showed the last image I loaded. I read several more posts and tried loading the small image through ZC admin and the medium and large images through my FTP client on GoDaddy. Then I just get blank boxes with x's in them. I know it's probably something very simple to resolve this issue. Do I need another program (image handler?) to make this work? I'm sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate the help. I'm very grateful to have a forum like this to help support me during this challenge!

Many blessings!

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast