Plugin Contributions

Default Help Please Soooo Frustrated!

I am using Zen cart 1.3.7 and easy populate 1.2.5.4. AND MS EXCEL

HOW DO YOU GET THE PRODUCTS TO GO INTO THE RIGHT SUBCATEGORY?

I CREATED THE CATEGORY …THEN THE SUBCATEGORY ADDING A PICTURE AND INFORMATION IN ZEN CART. WHEN I UPLOADED THE SPREAD SHEET AND LOOKED AT THE MAIN PAGE OF MY SITE…ZEN CART CREATED NEW FILES AND NOTHING WENT INTO THE SUBCATEGORIES.

ON THE SPREADSHEET I ADDED THE ID CODE…DIDN’T WORK… I TRIED SEVERAL ADJUSTMENTS TO THE SPREAD SHEET AND IT DOES NOT WORK

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME….HOW DO I FIND AN EXAMPLE SPREAD SHEET TO LOOK AT OR INSTUCTIONS???

ALSO MY VENDER'S SENT ME SPREADSHEETS WITH MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PRODUCTS THEN THE SPREAD SHEET ALLOWS FOR ON THE EASY POPULATE 1.2.5.4…SPREADSHEET CAN I ADJUST IT AND HOW?

I HAVE SEARCHED THREAD AFTER THREAD AND I HAVEN'T FOUND ANYTHING TO HELP ME!

SOOOO FRUSTRATED I AM TYPING IN CAPS!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help Please Soooo Frustrated!

EasyPopulate is very specific about a variety of things...

1. The column headings in your spreadsheet MUST conform to the headings specified. In the FREE version of EP, these are:-

v_products_model, v_products_image, v_products_name_1, v_products_description_1, v_products_url_1, v_specials_price, v_specials_date_avail, v_specials_expires_date, v_products_price, v_products_weight, v_date_avail, v_date_added, v_products_quantity, v_manufacturers_name, v_categories_name_1, v_categories_name_2, v_categories_name_3, v_categories_name_4, v_categories_name_5, v_categories_name_6, v_categories_name_7, v_tax_class_title, v_status, EOREOR

(If you are using the ADVANCED version of EP, you will have additional column options.)

2. You don't need to have data in every column, but you must AT LEAST have data in the v_products_model, v_products_name_1, v_categories_name_1, v_tax_class_title, v_status, and EOREOR columns.

Every line MUST end in "EOREOR".

3. Your category and sub-category NAMES in your spreadsheet MUST MATCH EXACTLY the category names in your zenshop - this means using uppercase/lowercase if necessary. A category in your zenshop called "Boys Clothes" will not be "populated" if you call it "boys clothes" in your spreadsheet.

4. The Excel spreadsheet MUST be saved (final version) as a TAB DELIMITED TEXT FILE - not CSV. Saving it like this can be confusing as Excel pops up a few message blocks along the way when you SAVE AS.

I usually FTP the file to the TEMP folder (created when installing easypop), and configure easypop to install from this directory, though if you have less than 300 products, you can do it from your hard-drive.

If your webshop is not yet operational, then you might consider getting rid of all your existing product data and categories (just delete them through your admin console). When you UPLOAD the easypopulate spreadsheet, it will CREATE new categories and sub-categories.

You can always re-edit these later to add category descriptions and images.

SEE MY EXAMPLE ZIP FILE of an easypop MS Excel Spreadsheet. This is in MS Excel format, so would have to be "saved as" Tab-delimited txt... but it should give you an idea of the conventions... (If you were to save my example as a tab-delimited txt file, then "easypopulate" your website with it, you would have my products on your site, in the categories defined... !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help Please Soooo Frustrated!

Thank you soooo muck for your response

however I am still confused

Is there someone I can pay to set up my spreadsheets ....if so how do I find someone with reasonable rates???

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post

1. The column headings in your spreadsheet MUST conform to the headings specified. In the FREE version of EP, these are:-

v_products_model, v_products_image, v_products_name_1, v_products_description_1, v_products_url_1, v_specials_price, v_specials_date_avail, v_specials_expires_date, v_products_price, v_products_weight, v_date_avail, v_date_added, v_products_quantity, v_manufacturers_name, v_categories_name_1, v_categories_name_2, v_categories_name_3, v_categories_name_4, v_categories_name_5, v_categories_name_6, v_categories_name_7, v_tax_class_title, v_status, EOREOR

(If you are using the ADVANCED version of EP, you will have additional column options.)

2. You don't need to have data in every column, but you must AT LEAST have data in the v_products_model, v_products_name_1, v_categories_name_1, v_tax_class_title, v_status, and EOREOR columns.

3. Your category and sub-category NAMES in your spreadsheet MUST MATCH EXACTLY the category names in your zenshop - this means using uppercase/lowercase if necessary. A category in your zenshop called "Boys Clothes" will not be "populated" if you call it "boys clothes" in your spreadsheet.

4. The Excel spreadsheet MUST be saved (final version) as a TAB DELIMITED TEXT FILE - not CSV. Saving it like this can be confusing as Excel pops up a few message blocks along the way when you SAVE AS.

I usually FTP the file to the TEMP folder (created when installing easypop), and configure easypop to install from this directory, though if you have less than 300 products, you can do it from your hard-drive.

If your webshop is not yet operational, then you might consider getting rid of all your existing product data and categories (just delete them through your admin console). When you UPLOAD the easypopulate spreadsheet, it will CREATE new categories and sub-categories.

SEE MY EXAMPLE ZIP FILE of an easypop MS Excel Spreadsheet. This is in MS Excel format, so would have to be "saved as" Tab-delimited txt... but it should give you an idea of the conventions... (If you were to save my example as a tab-delimited txt file, then "easypopulate" your website with it, you would have my products on your site, in the categories defined... !

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tried to reach you via e-mail

Hi

Thank you for the e-mail...I tried to respond and it was sent back!
    I used the e-mail address you gave????

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post