Plugin Contributions

Default A new use for ZenCart

I have been using ZC for awhile now for a couple of different customers and we all love the ease of setup and use for a cart (still praying that someday a backend solution will be written for inventory ()). However I have found a new use for ZenCart (since it is familiar to use now) and that is to turn off the cart features and use it for doing church web sites. You can see an example at www.getvictory.org. One question I do have is if I continue to use ZC in this manner, is there a way to "hack" certain files to have the store in showcase mode as well as turn off most, if not all, of the shopping cart features? This would save a lot of time during design.

Or how about a new type of ( I don't know what to call it as it really wouldn't be a CRM) package where shopping cart functionality could become module based and installed like contributions instead and used like the example above. Plus I hear (and have never yet tried) that wordpress and ZC work together for blogging purposes.

Any thoughts???

0be1
    "Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth." - John Wesley

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A new use for ZenCart

One question I do have is if I continue to use ZC in this manner, is there a way to "hack" certain files to have the store in showcase mode as well as turn off most, if not all, of the shopping cart features?
    Could you be more specific as to what you want to do?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A new use for ZenCart

Kim;

I like to use zc for general web site layout and functionality with the ability to turn on shopping cart features should a (future) customer want to do so. Other than that if they just want a plain web site for informational purposes, I like the layout manager and other features in ZC compared to say a Joomla, Drupal, etc. I know that there are better alternatives (to some) but I can develop sites much faster with ZC and not have to worry about learning a whole new layout system. So far everything (minus an inventory system for the backend) I found I can do with ZenCart. So KUDOS to you and the other hard working developers for making it that easy. Again if you want to see the last site I did and what I am trying to accomplish, you may do so at www.getvictory.org

Thanks Kim

0be1
    "Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth." - John Wesley