Plugin Contributions

Default Problem at Setup - System Inspection

This is my first time setting up a Zen-Cart. Everything is working great, but at the System Inspection screen I am getting a red error message at:

MySql Support =OFF

When I click the more info link it comes back as:

The database type you have selected does not appear to be supported by the PHP version you have installed. You may need to check with your hosting provider to check that the database type you have selected is supported. If this is your own server, then please ensure that support for the database type has been compiled into PHP, and that the necessary extensions/modules/dll files are being loaded (esp check php.ini for extension=mysql.so, etc).

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './mysql.so' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem at Setup - System Inspection

MySql Support =OFF
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './mysql.so' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Zen Cart does not create the database - you must first create the DB and a user/pass with "full" rights.

To correct either you turn on the mysql support or ask your host if it is available
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I have MySQL and PHP5 installed on my server and I had a database created but for some reason it doesn't see it. I did a few google searches and came up with this...

http://us.php.net/mysql

Installation on Windows Systems

PHP 5+
    MySQL is no longer enabled by default, so the php_mysql.dll DLL must be enabled inside of php.ini. Also, PHP needs access to the MySQL client library. A file named libmysql.dll is included in the Windows PHP distribution and in order for PHP to talk to MySQL this file needs to be available to the Windows systems PATH. See the FAQ titled "How do I add my PHP directory to the PATH on Windows" for information on how to do this. Although copying libmysql.dll to the Windows system directory also works (because the system directory is by default in the system's PATH), it's not recommended.

As with enabling any PHP extension (such as php_mysql.dll), the PHP directive extension_dir should be set to the directory where the PHP extensions are located. See also the Manual Windows Installation Instructions. An example extension_dir value for PHP 5 is c:\php\ext
    I own a server with someone else, and they are the one that would make these changes. Before I have them make a bunch of changes I would like to make sure I'm on the right track here.

Thanks so much for your time,
    dewzown

Plugin Contributions

It has to be enabled, started and active
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Got it fixed, just reinstalled PHP with the proper extensions.