Plugin Contributions

Default How do I keep items from showing up under the main page new products?

I was wondering how to exclude some categories of products from showing up on the main page under the new products for the month banner?

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I keep items from showing up under the main page new products?

Exclude them based on what criteria?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I keep items from showing up under the main page new products?

This is not by category but by product - First check your setting in admin > config > maximum Values > New Product Listing - Limited to ... > and set to what you want...

BackUo DB first...

Then you can use phpmyadmin to edit the products date added
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I just want to exclude one complete category of products from showing up in the pictures on the whats new portion of the main page. I still want the category to be available to view from the categories menu on the left side of the page but I don't want the products to show up on the whats new portion of the main page when somone clicks to view the page.

Is there an easy solution for this or is it too difficult.

Plugin Contributions

I posted a thread similar to this a while back but no solution was given. I was trying to exclude my gift certificate category from the new products listing. I found a method to do this, although it's not a perfect solution.

First, I went to the db and made sure the 'date added' fields for all my gift certificates were quite a bit in the past. (They already were so didn't need to edit anything).

Then, I went to..

Admin>Config>Maximum Values>New Product Listing - Limited to

and set it to 60 days.

This way, providing all your products (except the ones from the category you want to exclude) have been added within the last 60 days, it works.

As I said, it's not a perfect solution. This is because you would regularly have to make sure all the dates work out right. You would probably need to go into the db every so often and keep the 'date added' fields fairly recent. I think 120 days is the max setting. I wonder if this could be hard coded to extend even longer?

Plugin Contributions

Well I don't mind workarounds as long as the result is the same. I appreciate all the input.

Thanks!