Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default ALERT: PayPal Express Checkout Error () - 7

Any ideas what this error means, or where i can find a definitive list of error codes for PayPal Express Checkout and Website Payments Pro.

Subject: ALERT: PayPal Express Checkout Error ()

Thanks.
    Last edited by fergusmacdonald; 18 Mar 2008 at 07:55 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ALERT: PayPal Express Checkout Error () - 7

Running 1.3.8a with PayPal Express Checkout and Website Payments Pro.

I think the problem is to do with addresses, but not sure.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Have you tried enabling debug logging ... ie: to file? (not just alerts)
    What are the logs showing as the details behind the error?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Didn't have logs activated when this problem occurred, but do have them activated now.

I got this error message when a customer tried to checkout this afternoon. To do a live test i logged into a customer account and tried to make a purchase with the a fake address on Zen-Cart, but my personal Paypal account with my real address. I received the same error message that the customer generated. I then changed the address in Zen-Cart to be my real address and the transaction went through successfully!

In the last 5 minutes, i changed my address on Zen-Cart to be fake (ie 1234 Test Street etc) and the transaction was successful so no log was generated!

Slightly baffled!

Plugin Contributions

The same customer has just tried to checkout so the error has been re-created.

There are 7 logs created in total, but some have confidential customer details in them so i haven't posted them all. Please let me know if you need more details, but i think this may help with the problem:

Mar-18-2008 11:44:15
    getLineItemDetails 1
    Order Subtotal does not match sum of line-item prices. Line-item-details skipped.
    356.5 303.4042
    =================================

Mar-18-2008 11:44:15
    getLineItemDetails 2
    Tax Subtotal does not match sum of taxes for line-items. Line-item-details skipped.
    53.99 53.1

Mar-18-2008 11:44:17
    before_process - EC-5
    resultset:
    Array
    (
    [RESULT] => 7
    [PNREF] => EXGP2AD2D266
    [RESPMSG] => Field format error: 10413-The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.
    [AVSADDR] => N
    [REQUEST_ID] => 1205883855
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

--

Response:
    Array
    (
    [RESULT] => 7
    [PNREF] => EXGP2AD2D266
    [RESPMSG] => Field format error: 10413-The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.
    [AVSADDR] => N
    [REQUEST_ID] => 1205883855
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

DoExpressCheckoutPayment, Elapsed: 1443ms -- Failed

RESULT=7&PNREF=EXGP2AD2D266&RESPMSG=Field format error: 10413-The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.&AVSADDR=N&REQUEST_ID=1205883855&CURL_ERRORS=

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is this happening only with Express Checkout?
    Are there any discount order-total modules installed?
    Any coupons or gift certificates or other discounts in the orders that are triggering the error?
    Was this an upgrade to 1.3.8 from a prior version?
    What shipping methods do you have enabled? What option was selected for checkout?
    What tax rates are being applied to this order?

The detailed PayPal_CURL......log file with the actual transaction details (ie: DoExpressCheckoutPayment or DoDirectPayment) would be helpful. Names, street address (not city/state/zip) and email addresses can be obfuscated for privacy.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This specific error has only happened in Express Checkout. I had previous errors with addresses but made the changes outlined here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...t=83968&page=7

We have a number of discount coupons active, but no mods which affect order totals installed.

This was a 1.3.8a clean install.

We have installed: Free Shipping (and free shipping options), Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded, Royal Mail Airmail, Royal Mail Special Delivery (all from Big Royal Mail Mod), European Shipping (table), United Kingdom Zone Rates for Couriers (the shipping selected for this order) and International Shipping (zones).

Other Add-ons installed: Super Orders 2.0, Admin Notes file, Big Royal Mail 2.2.1a1, Capitalize Signup Fields 1.0b, Categories Menu Yahoo Tree Menu with Ajax, Fual Slimbox v0.1.5, Ultimate SEO URL's 2.106.

VAT of 17.5% is included in all prices (sometimes to only defined to 2 decimal places for attributes if this makes any difference!).

Error logs can be downloaded here. Let me know if you need the other logs (PayPal_Action.....log etc).

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There are two sets of fixes for the country/state issues in the thread you mentioned:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=48
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=62
    Have you done both?

Also, it appears that the Handling Charge is being set equal to the amount of the taxes, thus causing your "totals don't match" problems ... which leads me to the rest of the questions in my prior post.
    So, to rule out your many addons, can you switch to Flat Rate shipping?

Also, are you "using" any coupons during these tests?

If the Flat Rate shipping also allows this same error to occur, I'll need to see the action logs as well.

Plugin Contributions

Both sets of fixes have been applied, although an order has just come through and it's still missing the 'state' field!!

No, we're not able to switch to flat shipping. This particular order which generated that error has gone through successfully via credit card so i can't get him to test with flat shipping either.

No coupon was used when this order was generated.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast