Plugin Contributions

Default Where are the user passwords saved?

Hello,

I installed the latest ZC on Windows 2000 server and everything went well with PHP/IIS/mySQL. Then I tried to place an order, and create a new user. The user was created and I see all the user info except the password in mySQL and received an email notifying me of creating the user, however, the cart didn't take the order I started with in the first place and kept asking me to log in. I tried the forgot passoword link and I was prompted that the password was email but I never received the new password. So, I think that the cart crashed while saving the password and user ID somewhere. I'm not a Linux developer so I was wondering how Zen processes the user credentials on a Windows system. The cart has read write access to the whole cart's folder.
    Thanks,

Martha

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where are the user passwords saved?

In case I didn't make myself clear: I installed PHP5 5.2.2 and mySQL Server 5.0 on a Windows 2000 Server that has IIS5 fully functional with PHP and mySQL. I installed zen cart 1.3.8a and the installation went through smoothly. I set up payment and shipping and email and all functions worked fine because the cart can check shipping rates on FedEx and add/update produts to the cart and recalucalte shipping fee. I receive a welcome email right after creating the user. However the problem is that the users get added to the database but the cart doesn't log the users in immediately after creating them. When I enter the email and password in the returning customers text boxes to log in, the system accepts the user name and password but doesn't generate an error and goes back to prompting the user to log in. If I click on forgot your password and enter the email address, I get informed that the new password was emailed but I never receive it. Any idea what could be happening?

Plugin Contributions

Any idea why this is happening folks? Should I just give up on zen cart and move on to something else?

Plugin Contributions

a few things
    1 you will not see a password in the database, it is encrypted

2 make sure that the email address for the customer is a valid email,
    try changing the email address to something totally different and check it again.

3 what settings do you have in your zc admin configuration email settings,

Plugin Contributions

As I mentioned I did receive a welcome message to the email address so it must be valid. I also changed email addresses thinking that the system didn't like something in the email address, but I got the same reposne, I get a welcome message and the account gets created but I can't log in using the email address and password provided (I changed the password to something with alphabetical chars but this didn't help). The email settings use SMTP to 127.0.0.1 which is working fine since the cart can send email through the local SMTP server. So the problem may be related to password encryption/decryption and/or storage/retrieval since I've never been able to log in with the email and password provided. I treid to reset the password many times, but I only received one email with the reset passwrod that I tried to use but the system didn't let me in with this new password. So since the passwrods are encrypted in the database, how does ZC encrypt/decrypt these passwords? Is there a way to enable verbose logging of every single step to see what's happening?

TIA

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried clearing your cookies and then creating a new account for testing?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Not only did I clear cokies and create different accounts with different names and email addresses, but I also logged in from the same server hosting the cart and different computers on the network, I also used Internet Explorer and Firefox. In all cases, the account gets created, a welcome email messages gets sent but the site doesn't automatically log the user in to the newly created account and if the user tries to log in the browser takes the login info and goes back to the main page without an error message.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you have a PHP sessions problem, which is preventing your server and browser from being able to communicate with each other and retrieve the activated session.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.