Plugin Contributions

Default Error:no such device in /usr/local/.......

The actual Error is cut and pasted below. I have this installed through my cpanel and fantastico. Received this error today and had not touched the root directory since yesterday and had no problems then. It also reads that the only solution is to doa Manual Update. I looked in my root of Zen Cart for these locations to the best of my ability and it really boggles my mind. Any direction or guidance would be appreciated.

Here they are:
    Warning: main(/home/******/.fantasticodata/Zen_Cart/catalog) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such device in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_findinstalls.php on line 42

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/kmlsacis/.fantasticodata/Zen_Cart/catalog' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/:.') in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_findinstalls.php on line 42

Like I said, I looked in my Root Directory for anything that resembled the Error messages and couldn't locate exact duplicates.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Jordi

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error:no such device in /usr/local/.......

I'm not sure how that is considered a Zen Cart problem.

It looks like your server's fantastico setup is foofed. Whatever the cause, it would seem that the problem is something you should report to your hosting company.

Granted, you'll probably find, depending on who you're hosted with, that they're unwilling to troubleshoot a software-installer that they (most likely) don't know much about ... they just install it and pray that it works.
    If that's the case, you'll probably need to remove the various applications you've installed via fantastico and re-install them.

As for doing a manual install, I always recommend a manual install. Automated one-click installs give you no options/choices, and perpetuate the problem of "you" not knowing what's involved in using the software. Manual installations require you to learn various pieces, which help you have a much better understanding of your store's functioning, esp when it comes to subsequent customizing etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.