Plugin Contributions

help question A Simple Page Title Solution?

I'm a seasoned web developer who's just diving into Zen Cart for the first time, and one of the things that's confusing me is the page title customization. I've read all of the threads that tell me how to go into the code and change the hardcoded site title, but here's an obvious question that maybe I'm missing the answer to:

Why doesn't Zen Cart use the Store Title that I set up in the Admin » Configuration » My Store » Store Name field for the page title? This gives my customers the ability to change it whenever they want.

Is it possible to pass along that field's data to the header and give us greater flexibility? (Much as I like charging $$ when people want it changed!)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A Simple Page Title Solution?

Reason is the Store Name in the Admin is not multi-lingual at this time. By having it defined in the language files you have the ability to translate it for any languages being used.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

While I can appreciate that, I'm not designing a multi-lingual site. Is it possible to get at that data to put it in the page title? Is it stored in some global variable?

Plugin Contributions

I was just thinking more about the languages thing. That's silly, because Zen Cart allows you to create custom category and product page titles based on which page you're looking at. It's obviously pulling that information from the database. Wouldn't the same thing that applies for a category title apply for the store title?

Plugin Contributions

yes, except the infrastructure and programming to do it isn't in the Admin yet.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.