Works Fine In Safari, But Not In Firefox
I've installed Zen Cart on a PowerPC G4 and it's working great in Safari v3.1, but Firefox 2.0 can't locate the same http://localhost/store that Safari has no trouble with.
The way I did it:
1) Installed MAMP (XAMPP for Mac didn't work quite right)
2) Set default Apache and MySQL ports in MAMP (80 and 3306, respectively)
3) Set MAMP to use PHP 4 (in MAMP Preferences)
4) Created a new database using phpMyAdmin (also in MAMP Preferences)
5) Decompressed Zen Cart into the /MAMP/htdocs directory and named it "store"
6) Changed configure.php in the /includes directory to read-only
7) Went to http://localhost/store in my Safari browser and followed all the installation instructions for Zen Cart
Since then, I've been successfully perusing the chapters in the e-Start book, and got to a point where I wanted to see how things worked in Firefox, but it refuses to connect to the http://localhost/store directory. I've tried http://localhost:80/store and http://127.0.0.1/store but I only get the directory in my /Library/Webserver/Documents directory.
Is it possible that the local install will only permit the use of one (default) browser?
Any suggestions are welcome here...
By Stormshade in forum General Questions
Last Post: 31 Jan 2008, 06:13 AM
By birdoasis in forum General Questions
Last Post: 23 Oct 2007, 12:47 AM
By SaveTheBoobies in forum Customization from the Admin
Last Post: 3 Jun 2007, 10:13 AM
By Wils in forum Installing on a Windows Server
Last Post: 13 May 2006, 12:18 AM
Content and Graphics Copyright (c) 2003 - 2013 Zen Ventures, LLC - all rights reserved
Zen Cart® is a Registered Trademark of Zen Ventures, LLC