Thread: Please help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Please help

Is "Streamline" your web host?

Plugin Contributions

sorry about that6 i hadnt realised it gone onto the next page, yes they are are host i have unlimited use

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Ask them to put you on a Linux box - tell them you're running zencart.

Plugin Contributions

I had success installing zen-cart on a Windows server at Readyhosting.com.

I used Dreamweaver to FTP the zen-cart files up to my account, then renamed the dist-configure.php files to configure.php right in the DW file manager. In DW, you can right-click and select 'permissions' from the popup menu and change them in a little popup screen.

I would think you should be able to do that with any of the popular FTP clients (CuteFTP, WS-FTP, etc), regardless of the host operating system.

I couldn't find anywhere in my control panel at Readyhosting to change file permissions.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Please help

Quote Originally Posted by invision View Post
    I had success installing zen-cart on a Windows server at Readyhosting.com.

I used Dreamweaver to FTP the zen-cart files up to my account, then renamed the dist-configure.php files to configure.php right in the DW file manager. In DW, you can right-click and select 'permissions' from the popup menu and change them in a little popup screen.

I would think you should be able to do that with any of the popular FTP clients (CuteFTP, WS-FTP, etc), regardless of the host operating system.

I couldn't find anywhere in my control panel at Readyhosting to change file permissions.
    Have you been successful getting zencart to work on readyhosting.com's IIS Servers?

I have tried and can run the install with no problems but when I go to Store Front or Admin I get a page telling me the requested page can't be found.

HELP!

Plugin Contributions

Ok - try this - if you have a cpanel go to fantastico - see if they have zencart 1.3.9h in the ecommerce section.

If yes, install it that way - my host has this option and I've never had a issue with it.

It will set up (or at least my host) the database for you and put all the files into the right spots and presto - base store setup accomplished - you will then need to set up a 2nd admin so you can both start working on it.

HOWEVER BEFORE YOU DO THIS - use filezilla - download all the zen-cart files and structure - then save them somewhere - you then have a copy of the original files in case you screw up in your tweaking.

Then when you do your tweaking get the files set up so that they become your template (leaving the original files alone) - then you use your templates to run the store.

Try doing it on a local (your desk top) server so you can see them there instead of directly online.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ewramos View Post
    Have you been successful getting zencart to work on readyhosting.com's IIS Servers?

I have tried and can run the install with no problems but when I go to Store Front or Admin I get a page telling me the requested page can't be found.

HELP!
    I found/fixed my problem.

During my install zencart's install script entered an incorrect path to the install directory. I inserted the correct path and all went well. Also, since this install was on a Windows machine the "/" charachter was incorrect and had to be corrected as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12