Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default CKD-Zen-Cart Japanese Pack

This is the thread for the CKD-Zen-Cart Japanese Pack. This pack at version 1.0 is for Zen-Cart 1.3.8a and will be updated for new Zen-Carts to come, Updates from here on out will be swift and easy to do. We had produced an updated language pack that was beta for 1.3.7 but that pack was based a good portion on the 1.3.02 pack from the people at zen-cart.jp. We have since changed most features of the pack, that we feel will be easier to grow and update, thus we are starting the pack at 1.0. The current pack from Zen-Cart.jp is still based on the code from 1.3.02, many updates and improvements in the core code have taken place since then, and we feel that Japan or people who use Japanese, should not be left behind. With that we announce the release of this Pack. We at Crystal Koi Design currently use this pack for our customers, but I decided to take my spare time and give the code for everyone it is currently hosted on my site and may be moved to the download section after some time.

I will try to help as many people as I can to update their carts from previous Japanese packs, but I do this part in my spare time, so please understand and if others can help out that, would be great.

The recommended way is to use UTF-8 for your whole cart. You can do this by fallowing this tutorial [here]

After this, install the pack and from their you can go on to options such as the pull down zones for Japan in English and Japanese.

I hope everyone likes this, and let me know on here or on my site if you find errors.

Regards,

CKD

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CKD-Zen-Cart Japanese Pack

Sorry I forgot to add the documentation for address order format, it is up now.

Address Order

Regards,
    CKD

Plugin Contributions

(FROM PREVIOUS FORUM POSTING)

You need to turn the language sidebox on, that will add the flag. You should also install the language under the localization menu.

make any necessary changes

Name: Japanese

Code:ja

Image:icon.gif

Directory:japanese

Sort Order: (1 or 2 which every you want)

I also make slight modification to the icon.gif to make more obvious when used on white background. I just outline with grey 1px stroke. Nothing special.

Have noticed how my new cart CSS is no longer fixed width design. Now it is variable width (the center column stretches) and some of the colors and stuff are all unexpected. So I'm gonna have to do some new formatting. No biggie, it's work. Honestly, I like this stretchy center column more then the fixed. Someday I'll learn how zencart works and understand what and why things are happening.

Plugin Contributions

This is my first language install and I'm a confused with currency in general. I want to show either US dollars (default for this cart) or Japanese Yen. My cart should have default English. That's why I want US dollar as default. But payment is made with PayPal so I want to have the PayPal account to automatically convert non-japanese payments to Japanese Yen (my friend who will use this store is in Japan and she is Japanese). I'm kinda confused with this whole thing. Would someone with good understanding explain how I will want to set up Zencart and what I need to do with regart to this Language pack install. I mean, seems like I should set up "Localization -> Currencies" and add Japanese Yen somehow. Never done that before so I'm requesting guidance there too.

Plugin Contributions

Note: I was in admin and went to Japanese define language (never did that before) and then tried to open the Payment modules page and got a bunch of PHP warning messages. Think that was an issue for 1.37 version of your language pack? Can I just do all admin stuff in english mode? Will want to install some other modules, such as shipping modules too. Are there any shipping modules available for the japanese postal system?

Plugin Contributions

Having trouble following your directions for Japanese/English Pull Downs

1) Note to enable drop downs you'll want to change to:
    "admin -> configuration -> customer details -> Always display as pulldown?" set that to true and then press update.

OK I DID THAT

2) Copy the directed section of Javascirpt (not the section just below which contains another function).

NOW AM CONFUSED WITH WHICH FILE(s) TO MODIFY

3) CKD-Multi-Lingual-PullDowns/includes/modules/pages/ ????? /blankfile/jscript_addr_pulldowns.php

There are 3 folders and each of them have /blankfile/jscript_addr_pulldowns.php