Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Plugin Contributions

Default Encoding troubles

Followup info from my last post:

Checking out other tables in the database with Japanese content, I found that my products info, inputted through the zen-cart admin area in Japanese and outputted in the online catalog correctly in Japanese, appears as gobbledigook in PHPMyAdmin!
    (eg オーマス comes out as オーマス)

I guess this means that if I can put the zone names into the database in the correct gobbledigook, I can get the right output...

This would be just a hack/workaround, so I'd like to hear any ideas on how to avoid having to do this too...
    I'm sorry I don't know much about how databases and encoding actually work.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Encoding troubles

Oops very sorry, I found my mistake.
    In transferring my database to the new utf database, I copied the zone table directly. Just now, having deleted the Japanese zones and re-entered them using Crystal Koi's SQL patches through zencart admin, it works.
    STILL a bit strange that you can't read the Japanese through PHPMyAdmin though...

Also still keen for any advice on setting up Japanese shipping and payment modules, although I am making slow progress...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CKD-Zen-Cart Japanese Pack

Hi,

I recently installed the Japanese language pack on a test server. So far everything seems to work ok except when I get to the "Review Order" page and click to OK button. The next page should be the "Order Complete" page which displays some information indicating the order was successfully placed. However in my case, it is just blank. I traced the problem to the following file (which handles off-line cc processing):

includes/languages/japanese/modules/payment/cc.php

In the Japanese language pack, the above file is UTF-8 encoded.
    The English version is US-ASCII encoded. When I substitute the English version for the Japanese version everything works (except no Japanese on the "Order Complete" page. So to work around this, I converted the Japanese version to US-ASCII and it also worked -- only now my "Order Complete" page shows Japanese characters like I want.

Of course converting Japanese UTF-8 pages to US-ASCII is a royal pain so I'd like to keep them UTF-8.

In order to do this, I need to figure out which file down stream from cc.php does not like the UTF-8 encoding.

Anyone have any ideas? My error log indicates there may be a problem in functions_general.php at line 44. However, when I look at that file, I don't see anything that would cause a problem like this.

Thanks,

Doug

For reference, below is the error log:

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/languages/japanese/modules/payment/cc.php:1) in /includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44

Plugin Contributions

Default Japanese shipping modules

I have posted my (rough) shipping modules for domestic and international parcels from Japan on this thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=623780

Includes Japan Post Youpack (domestic), International parcels by Air, Sea, SAL, EMS, and domestic parcels by Yamato, Nittsu and Sagawa, adapted to work with CKD's zone dropdowns.

The modules need further work, especially full bilingual translations and incorporating dimensional shipping, but anyway there's useful data there for you all.

Plugin Contributions

I've followed instructions and installed UTF-8 Zen-Cart, Zen-Car 1.3.8 Japanese Pack, and now Zen-Cart Japanese/English Pull Down (CKD-Multi-Lingual-PullDowns1.0) and all seems okay except /create_account/jscript_addr_pulldowns.php. The prefectures in the login page list are in both Japanese and English. The other pages, address book and checkout list the prefectures correctly in English or Japanese depending on the user. I compared the orginal script from the zip file and the modified one on my website and found the only differences are the java script copied in as instructed. What could be the problem?

Thanks to Crystal Koi & Shaun Ward for their great help!

Zen Cart 1.3.9h (Fresh Install)
    PHP 5.2.17

Plugin Contributions

Server OS: Linux 2.6.35.8-nx
    PHP Version: 5.2.17 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    Database: MySQL 4.1.22-standard-log
    Zen Cart 1.3.9h
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.9h
    v1.3.9h [2011-03-18 22:41:21] (Fresh Installation)
    Language Japanese/English
    Addins Edit Orders 3.03, Super Orders 3.0

Somehow my invoices no longer have the 様 at the end of the name. Without it documents to customer are rude, does anyone know how this can be corrected?

Craig

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456