Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UTF-8 Zen-Cart Tutorial

Thanks!

:)

Plugin Contributions

I set UTF-8 end i have o.k. character. But in Opera end IE the font is different (bigger) in Firefox font is good.
    Hay it's possible!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra8 View Post
    I set UTF-8 end i have o.k. character. But in Opera end IE the font is different (bigger) in Firefox font is good.
    Hay it's possible!

With http://validator.w3.org while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional faund:
    The Unicode Byte-Order Mark (BOM) in UTF-8 encoded files is known to cause
    problems for some text editors and older browsers. You may want to consider
    avoiding its use until it is better supported.

Is thet problem with font in IE, Opera end Firefox?

Plugin Contributions

Font size is part of css. Note the part where it says, Older text editors and browsers. Anything above IE6, you will have no problem with UTF-8.

With font, you need to adjust your css.

Regards,

CKD

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the instructions. I have followed the steps (modify the php files) except that I use MySQL Administrator UI to change the default collation to utf8_general_ci. Restart the MySQL Service, create the database.

When trying to install Zen Cart, I got this error:

Code:
    Installation In Progress...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    1366 Incorrect string value: '\xA3:&eur...' for column 'configuration_value' at row 1
    in:
    [INSERT INTO szc_configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Convert currencies for Text emails', 'CURRENCIES_TRANSLATIONS', '£,£:€,€', 'What currency conversions do you need for Text emails?
    Default = £,£:€,€', 12, 120, NULL, '2003-11-21 00:00:00', NULL, 'zen_cfg_textarea_small(');]
    I am not sure what I am missing here. Could you give a hint?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That's because the .sql file containing the initial database load in v1.3.x contains several non-UTF-8 characters in it, and you've set your database to be UTF8.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi everyone,

I've installed a 1.3.8a ZC recently, and am having trouble with the UTF8. This is not the 1st time I work on Chinese ZC stores, but it's been years since the last install so I can't remember what I did to get the other stores working...

I've followed the instructions here : http://www.srw2d.com/content/utf-8-zen-cart

But when I tried to edit the query_factory.php file I ran into a problem.

Here is a rundown of what happened :

1. Installed ZC 1.3.8a and the traditional Chinese language pack (I forgot to do the recommended changes before installation).
    2. After the store and Chinese language are both installed and working, I went ahead and did the changes as per instructions at srw2d.com.
    3. After I edited query_factory.php I got a blank page at my store.

Current store settings :

1. MySQL connection collation is utf8_unicode_ci
    2. My ZC database collation is utf8_general_ci
    3. Everything looks fine at the shop and admin
    4. All Chinese characters became "aliens" in the database
    5. If I edit the database fields directly, I can read the Chinese characters in the database but they become "aliens" at the front end

I hope I don't have to start the whole thing over... any help would be much appreciated ! Thanks in advance ! :)

Shirley

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shirster View Post
    3. After I edited query_factory.php I got a blank page at my store.
    Using the Debug Log utility from this article should help you find what's causing the blank page: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I will try and post the file on my site so that you can download it and use it.

I have seen this issue before with people. But can never work out why. On Monday, here in Japan, I will post a file to the srw2d.com site and put a link here to download it. You can try that file and see if you still have the same problem.

Regards,

CKD

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Dr. Byte and Koi. I haven't tried the debug utility yet, I'd just like to report that if I edit the query_factory.php file BEFORE installation, I couldn't even install, I simply got stuck at the install page.

But if I proceed to install without editing the query_factory.php file, I got alien characters in the database again.

:SIGH:

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast