Plugin Contributions

Default New Customer signup stopped sending to my e mail

I noticed a new customer who did not place an order only shows in the admin customers page.
    If I don't go to my control, I would not know.
    I used to get e mail confirms when an order was placed, other than the pay pal e mail, but now I don't.
    Also if I send an e mail from the control page, there is no way to send a BCC to myself.
    PHP Version: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    Any help or reference to a past answer would be appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Customer signup stopped sending to my e mail

Hi Boston,
    I've just started to have the same/similar problem.

The shop has stopped sending order/account creation confirmation emails & when users register for a newsletter they don't receive the activation email.

Newsletter are being sent out.

All this worked until 11/4. For a time even the newsletters weren't being sent but then they did start working again.

The config for this shop is the same as 2 others on the same server - these are not having a problem. I've also checked the admin activity log just to make sure that the store owner has changed any settings - which he hasn't.

zc 1.3.7 Php 4.4.7 Zend 1.3.0 (mail protocol PHP).

This seems to point to a server issue except that the other shops are OK. The client's email goes via another provider's email filtering (domain thus has a separate MX record) & I've checked that this server isn't blacklisted.

The only change that has been made to the shop (by me) was to disable phpBB linkage by setting the value to false in the My Shop admin section. I doubt that this would have any effect but I'm getting a bit desperate!

Any suggestions/thoughts would be most welcome.
    Thanks,
    Eddie

Plugin Contributions

I have had this problem too. I think I have narrowed down the cause. If a new customer adds item to their shopping cart and completes the registration page, they have to complete their purchase for the Create Account and New Order emails to be sent.

I have had two new customers abandon their carts and the Create Account welcome email was not sent. Installing the recover cart module has helped to narrow down the problem.
    www.PrairieRoses.com
    A Country Sensibility

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

For the record, the behaviors you describe are not the way the software is written to operate.

Have you tried alternate Email Transport methods?

Have you tried these steps?: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Email_Problems

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

For the record, the behaviors you describe are not the way the software is written to operate.

Have you tried alternate Email Transport methods?
    With 1.3.7 I had SMTP. After my upgrade to 1.3.8, I fixed the email bug and switched to PHP. That seemed to solve most of my email problems. I do have the newsletter mod installed and I don't know if it is causing a problem. In any event I have only been able to track down when the create account email fails, not why.

When I get some more time to study this, I will follow-up. Until then, it is one possibility for the prior posters to look at.
    www.PrairieRoses.com
    A Country Sensibility

Plugin Contributions

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for your responses. To highlight DrByte's point, the order confirmation email has not been sent even when an existing customer has ordered. So, this points to it not being an issue with way the software works/or the process logic.

Yes, I have switched btn PHP + sendmail - no difference in outcomes. With regard to the email testing, I uploaded techsupp.php from the zc_install & used that - this didn't send an email either.

In the 2 other shops on this server, I'm using PHP as the mail transport with no issues. As the domain has a different MX record (email is hosted by a 3rd party), I'm suspicious that this is the root of the problem. They are my next port of call.

With regard to the link you supplied DrByte, I've got down to point 7 - I'm about to try email archiving after I've spoken to email hosting support.

I'll keep you updated.
    Thanks,
    Eddie

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm,
    Emails are now working! Newsletter confirmation letters are being delivered + new account welcome emails are also being delivered.

This would seem to point to a mail server problem? Have yet to have this confirmed.

Thanks for all your help.
    Eddie

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ECM View Post
    This would seem to point to a mail server problem?
    That is of course the most common cause of problems ... and the first thing to check!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, but these are also often the hardest things to check! At least we have access to the source code, server logs, etc. If email is handled by a 3rd party, you've got very little access to any meaningful info to help trace such a problem.

One suggestion I've heard is that perhaps there was a temp routing problem somewhere down stream, perhaps a server with stale dns info or something.

Either way, thanks for all your assistance - very much appreciated.

Good night from the UK!
    Eddie