Plugin Contributions

Default Dreaded mYSQL 1064 error when importing MySQL 4 database into MySQL5

Hi

I have dumped a live site store database onto my pc to run some mods offline. I tried to import the .sql file into my XAMPP installation using phpmyadmin and all went well until the coupon_gv_customer table was being created.

the error is as follows:

Code:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Content-Type: text/html' at line 1
    my XAMPP mySQL is version 5.0.51a
    the webserver version is MySQL 4.1.19-standard-log (according to Zencart server info)

The webserver has a GUI control panel that is devoid of any mySQL export options so I cannot alter the fomrat in which the data is exported.

I tried importing using the MySQL v4 compatible setting but I still get the same error.

16 of the tables import just fine!

I know that there are issues when exporting and imprting to different versions of MySQL but I expected a v5 SQL to accept v4 SQL data without any problems.

I wanted to bring up the subject here first in case any mySQL gurus out there could help. Especially as many faq's and wiki docs cover reinstalling a MySQL database as if it were a benign procedure.
    I don;t relish having to post this in a mySQL forum, I probably won't understand the answer.

Anybody out there with any idea on how to solve this?

Regards

Dave

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dreaded mYSQL 1064 error when importing MySQL 4 database into MySQL5

You should be able to just put that dump into notepad and save it as a .sql file. Then using phpmyadmin I'd probably just drop all the tables (this is your local database), and then import the sql file you saved. Check the character set of the file, and import.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dreaded mYSQL 1064 error when importing MySQL 4 database into MySQL5

Same problem here with zen1.3.8. Export from unix w/ php4.4.7, mysql 5.0.45, drop tables, import to windows XP to xamp1.4.6.16 w/php 4.4.0 and mysql 4.1.14.
    table structure and data shows up nicely. But zen cart says no products are there. MySQL site says we can fix the problem by setting some of these mysql_mode values in the sessions variables of (my.ini windows) or (my.cmf unix).
    Still trying to work it out myself

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nethinim View Post
    Same problem here
    Your description doesn't sound like it's the same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by nethinim View Post
    But zen cart says no products are there.
    That's likely a result of using different prefixes in your configure.php files.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thanks drbyte. that's the faq I was following when the products stopped showing up.

Sorry to take you off track.