Plugin Contributions

Default Empty cart logs out when navigating home

I've made the switch from 1.2.7 to 1.3.8a, and I'm almost ready to launch the new store. However, when testing orders, I came across this issue:

Signed in or not, when the shopping cart is emptied, and any of the "home" links are clicked, I'm instantly logged out (other navigations - login, checkout, categories, information, etc. - have no effect). Please advise - thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Empty cart logs out when navigating home

OK, I've tried this with cookies enabled, and without. With a full cart and an empty one. Again, I can navigate every link in my store, without issue, until I click the "Home" link. After that, I'm instantly logged out... No blank pages or glitches; just a clearing of all [top] customer-related links and sideboxes.

As for add-ons and mods, this time around I've kept them to a bare minimum; thanks in part to the options provided by the newer css layout, a cautious approach to rebuilding and anticipation of another rebuild when 1.4.x comes out. So, I can't see any (obvious or potential) conflicts on that front.

Due to recent php5 and SQL5 upgrades, with little warning from my host, my old store is pretty hobbled. Therefore it's imperative that I get this new site up & running - A.S.A.P.!

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Maybe a url? It's difficult to "see" your problem from here... Even though your description is good.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Marg,

Thanks for your interest.

--Click Here-- to view my test site.

Initially, I did experience the same issue with Firefox, but haven't been able to recreate it since. Explorer, on the other hand, logs out consistently. Considering that 80% of my customers and visitors use IE, that's a problem...

Thanks, again!

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the multiple requests, but this is my primary business and I really could use some help - the longer it takes to get this new site up, the more money I lose... Basically, every minute counts at this point... DrByte? Anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Turns out it isn't a logout problem after all; just a case of the header navigation disappearing when visiting the home page. When I enable Categories-Tabs Menu ON/OFF (admin -> configuration -> layout settings), the issue is solved.

Unfortunately, this presents a second issue: Not only are the additional catalog links unnecessary, they totally throw-off my (ultra-tweaked) formatting...

Looks like Friday night is "date night" with my style sheet...

Plugin Contributions

Before going live- make sure you have compared all of your customized template pages to the current versions too.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Before going live- make sure you have compared all of your customized template pages to the current versions too.
    One of the first things I did. : ) Thanks, Kim.