Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Fedex Freight Module ported from OsCommerce

Hi,

I am working on porting the Fedex Freight Module from OsCommerce. I am getting stuck on one section of code that queries the products table for several fields that have been added (most importantly freight class). But for some reason I am not getting the data back or not processes the query results correctly:

Excerpt of the problem area:

Code:
    //Get the shopping cart contents
    $products = $_SESSION['cart']->get_products();
    $url_attr = '';
    $x = 1;
    $fxf_urls = array();
    $n = sizeof($products);
    for ($i=0; $i<$n; $i++) {
        $prod_query = $db->Execute("select products_fxf_class, products_fxf_desc, 
    	products_fxf_nmfc, products_fxf_haz, products_fxf_freezable FROM " . 
    	TABLE_PRODUCTS . " WHERE products_id = '".$products[$i]['id']."'");

// this doesn't work 
    //    $prod_info = array();
    //    while (!$pro_query->EOF) {
    //      $prod_info[] = $pro_query->fields['products_id'];
    //      $pro_query->MoveNext();
    //    }

// this query doesn't work and throws a mysql error		 
       $prod_info = $db->Execute($prod_query);
    // this is the original code 
    // $prod_info = tep_db_fetch_array($prod_query);

// prep XML request class, weight, pcs, descr, nmfc, haz, freezable

$url_attr .= '&as_class' . $x . '=' . $prod_info['products_fxf_class'];
         $url_attr .= '&as_weight' . $x . '=' . $products[$i]['quantity'] * (int)$products[$i]['weight'];
          $url_attr .= '&as_pcs' . $x . '=' . $products[$i]['quantity'];
    I tested the query in phpMyAdmin, and it seems correct. But I am having trouble getting the data from $prod_query...

I hope someone can show what I am doing wrong. I am very close to finishing this, and the other areas of the port seem to be working.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fedex Freight Module ported from OsCommerce

Could an admin move this thread to "community contributed add-ons > shipping modules" ??? I seem to have posted in the wrong section.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Have you contacted Fedex to get permission to use any images of their logos? Do you have a Fedex developer's license?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Have you contacted Fedex to get permission to use any images of their logos? Do you have a Fedex developer's license?
    Kim: thanks for moving the thread.

I have registered with FEDEX through our company's account. They sure are more picky about things than UPS!

We'll see where it goes once I have it working.

DID anyone look at the first post and have an idea what I'm doing wrong? I tried several different methods but none are quite working.

either throws an error or returns nothing...??? But the same/similar code elsewhere works correctly.

Ideas?

Incidently, I am also working on a freightquote.com interface.

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    Kim: thanks for moving the thread.

I have registered with FEDEX through our company's account. They sure are more picky about things than UPS!

We'll see where it goes once I have it working.

DID anyone look at the first post and have an idea what I'm doing wrong? I tried several different methods but none are quite working.

either throws an error or returns nothing...??? But the same/similar code elsewhere works correctly.

Ideas?

Incidently, I am also working on a freightquote.com interface.
    Now you know why most ecommerce site use UPS

I have yet to get any fedex web service to return the proper discount rates, and as of today I get 3 different "list" rates, Our ship manager Software Returns one set, fedex.com returns a different price for the same shipment, and finally the web service returns an even different price for the same shipment

I am about Fed Up with FedEx

Plugin Contributions

Blame Fedex NOT the code though,
    the ZC mod for Fedex returns ONLY published rates for ######## to and from post codes and weight
    doesnt take dimension into account

Where if you use ship manager you get shown published rates with dimension support

and the fedex website shows your discount list rates

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    Blame Fedex NOT the code though,
    the ZC mod for Fedex returns ONLY published rates for ######## to and from post codes and weight
    doesnt take dimension into account

Where if you use ship manager you get shown published rates with dimension support

and the fedex website shows your discount list rates

I am not blaming the code, Infact I am trying to write a module based on the better supported SOAP service from fedex, Fedex does not "offically" support DC anymore (I dont think)

regardless Fedex's different service APIs all return different rates, Fedex.com, ship manager, and the Web Service. this is KNOWN problem (read other forums on fedex crap if you dont believe me) and fedex has no intentions of fixing or even acknowledging the problem exists

Ok, After my rant I figured I should come back and update on what I have figured out..

After doing alot of research today, and allot of trial and error, I have come with with where most of my rate discrepancies where coming from, the current fedex modules need serious updating.

Anyway I am going to rewrite both the currrent modules to add in much needed functionality, in addition (this is where it ties in to this thread) the class I found that I am going to make use of has Freight Functionality built in and will enable to me create a Fedex Freight module.

I hope to have all 3 released for testing by the end of the week (beginning of next week at the lastest)

Plugin Contributions

Best of luch wioth the fedex modules,
    you will soon realize why I stopped messing with then ,
    Fedex changes their rules every few days,

please remember to get yourself a contact at fedex identity,
    since before you can release a module you will need their permission to do so. ( something to do with trademark infringment )

just out of curiosity, whats the reason for the rewrite of the current modules?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    Best of luch wioth the fedex modules,
    you will soon realize why I stopped messing with then ,
    Fedex changes their rules every few days,

please remember to get yourself a contact at fedex identity,
    since before you can release a module you will need their permission to do so. ( something to do with trademark infringment )

just out of curiosity, whats the reason for the rewrite of the current modules?
    there is a lack of support for many of the line item surcharges, list rates, and other items

the module as written only returns Base + Fuel, which does not accurately reflect true charges

As far as their Legal People, let them sue me, I dont care, if they give me too much grief I will only use it for internal projects, and People can keep using the more user friendly UPS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast