Page 27 of 248 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reward Points Module- Live Release now available.

Quote Originally Posted by dscott1966 View Post
    Hem,

everything is fine, except one thing when i do a test purchase and the points are pending, when i do the status change they just stay in pending it does not upate and send them to earned. i tried advance and simple.

how do i correct this?
    Did you copy over all the latest files as per my PM???

Quote Originally Posted by dscott1966 View Post
    Also is there away to give reward points for new sign up.
    This (and reward points for referrals) will be in the next version which I will start working on once all the issues with the current version have been resolved.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    Omnicia Agile Development
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hem View Post
    Ken- that's as it should be. I've passed a 0 value to the reward_points_display. I'm going to talk to the author of the Google Checkout mod and see if we can't remove it from the actual checkout, but for now at least it is not coming up as a chargeable item.
    Here's a quick hack of the googlecheckout.php which adds the reward_points_display module to Google Checkouts list of Order Total mods to ignore. Unfortunately is list is hard coded rather than databased hence the code change.

Just extract the php file to includes/modules/payment/
    Last edited by hem; 5 May 2009 at 10:32 AM.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Here's a quick hack of the googlecheckout.php which adds the reward_points_display module to Google Checkouts list of Order Total mods to ignore. Unfortunately is list is hard coded rather than databased hence the code change.

Just extract the php file to includes/modules/payment/
    Thanks Hem

This change works great. It no longer shows the Rewards points line in Google checkout like before.

I don't know how familiar you are with Google Checkout but it works different than most payment modules. Once the customer goes to Google Checkout (they don't log into zencart) they don't come back to the site. Thus, checkout success page isn't hit. Zen cart gets a notification via responsehandler.php that a purchase was made and passes all the info on the order to zencart. It doesn't seem that something is getting triggered to award them there points when their order is created after notification from the responsehandler. Though it does show how many points were awarded on their invoice.

I have Reward Point Status Track set to:

Pend: [Pending, Processing, Google New, Google Processing] Earn: [Shipped, Google Shipped]

I have both Pending & Processing set because I had a problem with it changing from Pending to Processing so fast that it was like it was never in Pending status and didn't award points.

Thanks
    Ken

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kenwahl View Post
    Thanks Hem

This change works great. It no longer shows the Rewards points line in Google checkout like before.

I don't know how familiar you are with Google Checkout but it works different than most payment modules. Once the customer goes to Google Checkout (they don't log into zencart) they don't come back to the site. Thus, checkout success page isn't hit. Zen cart gets a notification via responsehandler.php that a purchase was made and passes all the info on the order to zencart. It doesn't seem that something is getting triggered to award them there points when their order is created after notification from the responsehandler. Though it does show how many points were awarded on their invoice.

I have Reward Point Status Track set to:

Pend: [Pending, Processing, Google New, Google Processing] Earn: [Shipped, Google Shipped]

I have both Pending & Processing set because I had a problem with it changing from Pending to Processing so fast that it was like it was never in Pending status and didn't award points.

Thanks
    Ken
    Ken, I've checked it out and it's because the responsehandler does not call any of the ZenCart notifiers. As the "store points awarded" code is hooked to NOTIFY_CHECKOUT_PROCESS_AFTER_ORDER_CREATE_ADD_PRODUCTS this is never called and therefore no points get stored. I'm afraid that it's something the Google Checkout team will need to address.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Ken, I've checked it out and it's because the responsehandler does not call any of the ZenCart notifiers. As the "store points awarded" code is hooked to NOTIFY_CHECKOUT_PROCESS_AFTER_ORDER_CREATE_ADD_PRODUCTS this is never called and therefore no points get stored. I'm afraid that it's something the Google Checkout team will need to address.
    Thanks Hem

Thats what I was afraid would be the case.

Just one more question on Google Checkout. Do you think it would be possible in some way to pass the info to Reward Points via Google Checkouts AddThirdPartyTracking in googlecheckout/library/googlecart.php (around line 389)? I know that is what JROX affiliate module has to do. an example line for JROX is:

$cart->AddThirdPartyTracking("www.YOURDOMAIN.com/JAMINSTALLATION/sale.php?",array('trans_id','amount' => 'order-total'));

Thanks
    Ken

Plugin Contributions

hello .. thx for the great work .. i've installed a modified payment module and have a problem when anybody want to buy anything above 1000 it gives me this error" Please make sure you entered the correct card information or contact your Card issuing Bank, then try again."

can you help me please. thanx

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by qtiger View Post
    hello .. thx for the great work .. i've installed a modified payment module and have a problem when anybody want to buy anything above 1000 it gives me this error" Please make sure you entered the correct card information or contact your Card issuing Bank, then try again."

can you help me please. thanx
    Which payment module is it??? Also have you got the latest Reward Point mod (v1.12c)???
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Which payment module is it??? Also have you got the latest Reward Point mod (v1.12c)???
    yes i have the latest reward system .. and the payment module is not available anywhere.. it's inhouse made. but i just want to know if the reward system has anything to do with this error?

thx for ur prompt help :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by qtiger View Post
    yes i have the latest reward system .. and the payment module is not available anywhere.. it's inhouse made. but i just want to know if the reward system has anything to do with this error?

thx for ur prompt help :)
    Okay- check that your bespoke code is not handling the reward point lines and somehow this is screwing up your bottom line when calling the CC authentication.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Okay- check that your bespoke code is not handling the reward point lines and somehow this is screwing up your bottom line when calling the CC authentication.
    thx .. i really appreciate it. i'll check with my developers .. thx