Plugin Contributions

Default template/zencart versions?

Since I *just* installed Zencart today, I really know nothing about it. The first thing I need to know is how critical it is to have a match of version numbers between the templates and the Zencart itself; there just aren't a lot for 1.3.8, and the few there are, I don't really care for.

I'd really like something in the VERY light blue/lavender color range (blue highlights is too blue) and that doesn't "drop" the right column as Comstock apparently does -- my plan was to drop the left column anyhow, so the cart would more closely match the rest of my site, so obviously I don't want to drop the right column.

The templates I like the look of are End of Summer, and Future Zen, but I can't find a version of either that will match my Zencart 1.3.8. If anyone knows of updates to those templates, I'd sure appreciate a link.

Thx very much,
    Andria

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: template/zencart versions?

Quote Originally Posted by AndriaD View Post
    Since I *just* installed Zencart today, I really know nothing about it. The first thing I need to know is how critical it is to have a match of version numbers between the templates and the Zencart itself; there just aren't a lot for 1.3.8, and the few there are, I don't really care for.

I'd really like something in the VERY light blue/lavender color range (blue highlights is too blue) and that doesn't "drop" the right column as Comstock apparently does -- my plan was to drop the left column anyhow, so the cart would more closely match the rest of my site, so obviously I don't want to drop the right column.

The templates I like the look of are End of Summer, and Future Zen, but I can't find a version of either that will match my Zencart 1.3.8. If anyone knows of updates to those templates, I'd sure appreciate a link.

Thx very much,
    Andria
    Preview Some FREE templates here. They are all installed with version 1.3.8

Plugin Contributions

Hmm... The one I like best, End of Summer, says it is updated for version 1.3.6 -- is that version compatible with 1.3.8?

The same appears to be true also of Future Zen, BTW... it says for version 1.3.6...

thx much!
    Andria

Plugin Contributions

Hmm... The one I like best, End of Summer, says it is updated for version 1.3.6 -- is that version compatible with 1.3.8?

The same appears to be true also of Future Zen, BTW... it says for version 1.3.6...

thx much!
    Andria
    Since the preview site is running v1.3.8 and these two templates can be previewed, I expect that they are compatible with v1.3.8

Plugin Contributions

thx much!
    Andria
    I've tested both with v1.3.8 and have had no problems.

Plugin Contributions

Check this out:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...mplate+Monster

Just an FYI ... In case you might have thought about going in that direction!?!?
    Steve
    Zen cart version: 1.3.9h

Plugin Contributions

ROFL... no worries. I refuse to pay good money for something I can get for free (open source! what a wonderful concept!). Besides which, once I get familiar with zencart I'll probably do some of my own customizing, I just wanted something that would a) get me going, so I can check it all out, which would b) look *similar* to my site.. at least the colors.

But I sure don't blame that fella for being irate... I would be too, if I bought something (especially something that expensive!) and tech support's response was "so?" !!! Hope he reported them to the BBB!

Anyway, sorry to be so "ignernt" of all this, but I'm brand new to zencart, and wanted to make sure I didn't foul something up and have to remove then reinstall it. It must be noted that I have *tried* to use a shopping cart before, but both were Drupal modules and neither one was even adequate (eCommerce and Ubercart) so I figured I'd go for something a bit more "real" -- at least that way if I need support from Paypal, they might actually have a clue what I'm talking about -- which was definitely not the case when I tried to get support referencing those modules and how they talk to Paypal. I got the sort of response from Paypal that the above-mentioned guy got from Template-Monster -- to RTFM (which didn't answer my questions anyhow!), like I just got on the internet yesterday or something -- there's a real lot of HTML, CSS, and even some PHP under *my* bridge since 1999 when I got on the web! -- and a whole lot of asynch serial com experience before the internet existed -- the "good ol days" of Fidonet, when you nearly had to have a master's degree just to operate a modem -- especially if you were using a 16550 UART and wanted to lock your port -- X00.sys!

Andria
    yes, I'm *that* old