Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net problem

I have a live site up but am unable to process credit cards. I did test transactions before going live and everything seemed to work correctly.
    The transactions go thru my website just fine, but don't show up at Authorize.net. I have checked the API number and the Transaction key and they are correct. I am not in test mode on either my site or Authorize.net. I have looked at my setteld and unsettled transactions on Authorize.net and none of the transactions are showing up there. Authorize.net said to check and see if my website is sending the transaction to the correct authorize.net url but I don't know where to look that up. Help please.
    Thanks,
    Ron
    www.teachingtapes.net

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net problem

I should add I get a completed sales email from my site like every things OK there but nothing shows up at authorize.net. And there's no notifications saying the transaction isn't complete.
    It's like the handoff of the charge to authorize.net just doesn't happen. Help please. Ron

Plugin Contributions

Please excuse if this sounds like a newb answer, but ... which payment modules are enabled in your admin?
    Are these orders being placed via the "Credit Card" module? and not actually the Authorize.net module?
    Maybe they're never hitting authorize.net because you're not actually using the authorize.net module?

Somehow I don't think you're even using the authorize.net module. However, if you need to audit what the module is doing, go into the authorize.net module's settings and turn on the debug logging. I think it stores its logs in your /cache/ folder, so make sure the folder is writable. Or just use email mode instead of file. THen do another transaction. THe logs should tell you what it's doing, including the URL it's posting to. That should tickle your authorize.net tech folks nicely. Granted, if you're not actually using the authorize.net module, there will be no log created. The couple times I needed it, the log was helpful. Turn off the logging when you're done though.

Plugin Contributions

Chuck,thanks for your help. Your answer was very close to what the problem was. I'll elaborate for others that can make the same newby mistakes I did.
    I had enabled the Authorize.net module but I had not disabled the credit card module. My customer likely chose the credit card module radio button instead of the Authorize module and because I never intended to use that module I never put in a valid email number to receive the center digits and didn't know I was capturing the order thru that module vs. the authorize module. So the credit card number vanished into the either. I have now disabled the credit card module and everything works fine.
    FYI-for those that are new to all this, if you are using Authorize.net SIM module, you must see a Authorize.net page at the end of the checkout process for the order to get to Authorize.net. And when your testing go to authorize.net and check that your have your test transactions in the unsettled transaction reports. Thats a double check to make sure they make the trip to Authorize.
    Last edited by BlacksmithRon; 3 May 2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: needed to add something

Plugin Contributions

thanks to this thread I found out one of the issues I was having, I had 'credit card module' activated along with Authorize.net - SIM.

So I disabled credit card module. Now when I run a test transaction, I see the payment gateway and I enter my information.

However the test transaction never makes it to Authorize.net. Shouldn't I be seeing it in 'Unsettled Transactions'?

Anyone want to offer a hint as to what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you are submitting transactions that are storing in your store but never showing in your gateway, then you're probably not using the gateway's module. Are you mistakenly using the Basic Offline credit card module, instead of the one for your payment gateway?

And, if you're using SIM, why? AIM is much more reliable.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte, I hope you can help me, as well. I have recently siged up for Authorize.net. I can process a card online at Authorize.net using the vitrual terminal without any issue. I receive an email that the amount has been paid and the transaction appears in unsettled transactions, so all appears to be working correctly there.

When I come over to ZenCart to set things up, I can't get the card accepted. I have set up and installed Authorize.net (AIM)

Enable Authorize.net (AIM) Module
    True

Login ID
    XXXXXXXXXX (X'd out for privacy purposes)

Transaction Key
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (X'd out for privacy purposes)

Transaction Mode
    Test

Authorization Type
    Authorize/Capture

Enable Database Storage
    True

Customer Notifications
    True

Merchant Notifications
    True

Request CVV Number
    True

Payment Zone
    --none--

Set Order Status

Debug Mode
    Off

Here is the message I get when I try to process the same card I used on the Authorize.net site:
    The credit card number starting with 5581 was not entered correctly, or we do not accept that kind of card. Please try again or use another credit card.

I have tried my own card, along with the automatic approval card numbers given in the setup portion of this module.

I also have a big red bar across the top of my site announcing "AUTHORIZENET IS IN TESTING MODE". I can't get it DO anything in test mode, so I'm afraid to put it in production mode & have customers mistakenly thinking they can pay with a credit card, but having that announcement is kind of spooky to me.

Any ideas what the problem could be???

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo_girl View Post
    Here is the message I get when I try to process the same card I used on the Authorize.net site:
    The credit card number starting with 5581 was not entered correctly, or we do not accept that kind of card. Please try again or use another credit card.
    What kind of credit card is that? Do you have that particular card-type enabled in your store? Admin->Configuration->Credit Cards

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm in the same boat as BlacksmithRon was. I have enabled the authorize SIM and disabled the offline credit card module now. When I do a test order and select credit card as the payment method, I then confirm my order and am taken to a page that says: "The following errors have occurred. (123) This account has not been given the permission(s) required for this request." I have been through my authorize.net account and don't see a place to take care of this.

Also, I do not have an SSL. Do I have to have one for this? Because I don't have one, I have not set up AIM. I was hoping that the credit card transaction could be handled securely offsite, through authorize.net.

In the mean time, I have re-enabled the offline cc processing so that the store is still functional.

Thanks so much for any help anyone can offer.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nils View Post
    "The following errors have occurred. (123) This account has not been given the permission(s) required for this request."
    You'll need to call your authorize.net support number so *they* can fix whatever permission problems exist in your account profile.