Thread: Xampp 1.4.16

Plugin Contributions

Default Xampp 1.4.16

Hi Have wipped my site for two reasons,
    (One) I have been using Microsft word to edit files only to find this is not a good thing to do.
    (Two) My computor was not protected as my security had expired, after instaling a new security system I found files in XAMPP 1.4.16 were infected with a trogan horse, when I allowed the security to clear my system I could no longer access my admin.
    Decided smart thig to do would be start again from scratch.
    Here lies my delema when ever i try to source XAMPP 1.4.16 as guided by the Zen book, the XAMPP files are corupt.
    I have posted on Sourceforge forum for some help, with no responce so far.
    Just woundering if Zen 1.3.8 is stable with an upgraded version of XAMPP or is there someting else I can run as an internal server on my computer. I am not very wise when it comes to computers and code, so it needs to be fairly straight forward .
    Thanks in advance
    Regards Eddie

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Xampp 1.4.16

If this worked before, I would say that you have not got your system cleaned fully
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kobra, thanks for your responce. Yes I have cleaned my system but now have no internal server to place Zen for rebuild. Everytime i try to download/install Xampp win32-1.4.16-installer-exe to create server my AVG security tells me xampp/php/php4/phpcli is corupt, trojan horse psw.Legendmir . I have tried to find out more about this trojan horse but find very little. Posted on Sourceforge forum for help/advise but no responce so far. Is there something else I can use to create an internal server that you know of, eg an updated version and if so, can I install zen 1.3.8 from the start. appreciate your help.
    regards
    Eddie

Plugin Contributions

Have just found this information about the trojan horse legendmir
    Legendmir

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

· Overview ·
    · Origins ·
    · Operation ·
    · Detection and Removal ·
    · Research ·

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
    Alias: destructive program [F-Prot], Generic PWS [McAfee], Trojan Horse [Panda], Trojan.PSW.Legendmir.103, Trojan.PSW.Legendmir.12, Trojan.PSW.Legendmir.12 [Kaspersky], Trojan-PSW.Win32.Lmir.12 [Kaspersky]
    Category: Password Capture: A variant of the Key Logger that captures passwords as they are entered or transmitted. Some password capture trojans impersonate the login prompt, asking the user to provide their password.

Trojan: Any program with a hidden intent. Trojans are one of the leading causes of breaking into machines. If you pull down a program from a chat room, new group, or even from unsolicited e-mail, then the program is likely trojaned with some subversive purpose. The word Trojan can be used as a verb: To trojan a program is to add subversive functionality to an existing program. For example, a trojaned login program might be programmed to accept a certain password for any user's account that the hacker can use to log back into the system at any time. Rootkits often contain a suite of such trojaned programs.

Variants: Legendmir 1.02
    Legendmir 1.03
    Legendmir 1.5

Similar Pests: Password Capture · Trojan
    Origins
    Programming Language: Delphi. Compressed with ASPack.
    Date of Origin: Variants from November, 2002 to October, 2004
    Place of Origin: China
    Operation
    Storage Required: Legendmir: at least 441 KB

Still no internal server for me at this stage.