Plugin Contributions

Default paypal echeck payments not showing up in admin (v1.3.7.1 full patched)

orders paid by echeck don't show up in the orders list in our store. i've read all threads i can find on the subject, and it seems like the problem most people have had is that their version needed to be patched. but i'm running the patched version and it's still not working for me. when you're returned to the store confirmation page, you get the order number of the previously made successful order, but nothing new is in the orders database, and nothing is overwritten either, it just doesn't appear. i ran a log trace and uploaded the files:

http://gattomatto.net/work/zen-cart/...al_logs_v1.zip

i can't see anything wrong from looking at these, so i really don't have any ideas... also of note, this is just from the purchase and return to the store after the purchase. it doesn't include any logs from after the echeck clears in the paypal sandbox. at any rate i know that part won't work because the order isn't in the db to begin with. but when that goes through, i will zip up the logs again and upload...

Dr Byte - in case you're reading this, in another thread you mentioned that you can change the status of a pending echeck payment from uncleared to cleared. i spent a couple hours trying to figure this out with no success, even talked to paypal support... can you explain how to do this?

thanks for your attention..

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal echeck payments not showing up in admin (v1.3.7.1 full patched)

Quote Originally Posted by gatto View Post
    Dr Byte - in case you're reading this, in another thread you mentioned that you can change the status of a pending echeck payment from uncleared to cleared. i spent a couple hours trying to figure this out with no success, even talked to paypal support... can you explain how to do this?
    If you're talking about something in the sandbox, you have to go into the sandbox customer's account, find the transaction, click on the "clear" button at the bottom of the transaction page. Then the 'clear' IPN will be issued and the sandbox order should register as completed.
    That option is not available on the live site ... the banks do that step for you when the funds clear.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal echeck payments not showing up in admin (v1.3.7.1 full patched)

thanks for the explanation. so i cleared the transaction, and the status changed in paypal, but it did not generate any additional logs on my server. perplexing..